Anybody had a 'result' lately ?

She is simply trying to deflect attention from the Brexit debacle. If she can cause us to find a common enemy she can strut around and pretend to be a good politician.

• Like 1
  • Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following the oil delivery lorry scraping the corner off my little museum roof on Wednesday (Photos in "How's Your Day"), the company asked me to get an estimate for repairs. As luck would have it the

We’ve been waiting for weeks for a large rug we’d seen in John Lewis to be back in stock, waiting patiently for an email informing us that it’s available again.  Today we decided to go into the shop f

Very many years ago I found a wallet containing about £200 and credit cards in a phone box at the Midland Station. I handed it in and left my details with the Railway Police on Queen’s Drive. After ab

Very many years ago I found a wallet containing about £200 and credit cards in a phone box at the Midland Station. I handed it in and left my details with the Railway Police on Queen’s Drive. After about 2 weeks I received a cheque for £20 from a Jewish chap in London with a note saying ‘I had restored his faith in human nature’. It gave me a warm glow. :biggrin:

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Julie found a five pound note on the table at a café yesterday, after the couple had left.  They had only had a coffee so I doubt it was a tip.  She gave it to the café owner in case they came back looking for it. He immediately pocketed it..... "They left me that as a tip" he said.  Faith in human nature destroyed once again :(

• Like 3

Slightly off topic but a result all the same.

As said before ( sorry to be boring) we now have 2 little chihuahua pups ( 6 mths) and a cross pinscher / chihuahua and I also look after my daughters dog when shes working.

The two older dogs havent yet fully accepted the pups but this evening I was amazed at their behaviour. I had the tiny one in my arms and the bigger chi was on the floor. My daughters dog jumped up on the settee with me and wanted to play with tiny one. Lulu) Lily the bigger one managed to get between Lulu and Sushi the pinscher, growled at her and wouldnt let her near. It was unbelievable to watch how protective she was as they are quite rough playing together ( Lulu and Lily)

A result and a step forward I'd say. :Friends:

• Like 3

I prefer a bacon  buttie, 

referring to previous comments. We dont only have McDonalds but Big Mac too ugh

On 20/02/2018 at 11:21 AM, philmayfield said:

With people like you it’s no wonder that the MacDonald’s in Thurso has permanently closed! :biggrin:

I don't think there ever was one in the first place :)

• 3 months later...

Mmmmm !

Yesterday, took our friends back to Manchester airport very early, dropped them off and wended our way back to our holiday cottage. Stopped at the first place we saw a supermarket, only to find it didn't open till 10am. We are so used to ours opening at 5am! Anyroad, had some time to kill,  and a bit further along saw a sign for a car boot sale. Let's do it, says I. Hubby thought we'd be too early,  it wasn't much after 8, I reckoned though that they start early. I was right, paid our pound to get in, turned the corner to go park, and Gordon Bennett, the world and his brother were already there. Hubby said may be we are too late, nevermind too early! This was at Chirk nr Wrexham on an airfield. Hundreds of folks selling. Had a pleasant wander round, bought a few bargains, but oh, what a lot of junk folks try to sell. As the saying goes, I've chucked better stuff away. It was cheap though and you could barter. Haven't been to one of these in over 30 years.

• Like 3

I’ve only ever done one car boot and that was because the boys wanted to sell some toys.  They did very well but on hindsight we should have kept it all, especially all that Star Wars stuff.  I don’t want or need other people’s junk and cast-offs so it’s not my idea of a fun Sunday morning. My preferred ways of disposal of unwanted things are charity shops or the auction for valuable pieces,  or the bin.   

• Upvote 1

I've done several as a buyer and a seller. I loath them !   Sold at Derby Cattle Market, and it's exactly as it says. A cattle market.

Hoards of rampant undesirable types peering into everything even before the bleddy car was unloaded. 

Hucknall Lane has a better class of clientele, but it's still sickening standing there all morning in the vain hope that some dolt will buy an old T shirt or a crappy ornament. 

Nowadays, it's as Lizzie says...... A charity shop. I don't need to hang on to stuff I don't use. If it's useful for anyone else, and helps a charity, all well and good !

• Like 1

Just had an email from the RAF Benevolent Fund to say I’ve won a competition they ran recently as part of the Dambusters anniversary.

They're sending me a batch of war film DVDs. Don’t know which films yet, so it will be fun to find out.

I hope it includes Dambusters, as my wife’s uncle was one of the Lancaster pilots for the film.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2