Anybody had a 'result' lately ?

15 hours ago, Rob.L said:

I’ve won a competition

Now that's what I calll a result!  well done, Rob.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following the oil delivery lorry scraping the corner off my little museum roof on Wednesday (Photos in "How's Your Day"), the company asked me to get an estimate for repairs. As luck would have it the

We’ve been waiting for weeks for a large rug we’d seen in John Lewis to be back in stock, waiting patiently for an email informing us that it’s available again.  Today we decided to go into the shop f

Very many years ago I found a wallet containing about £200 and credit cards in a phone box at the Midland Station. I handed it in and left my details with the Railway Police on Queen’s Drive. After ab

1 hour ago, catfan said:

At the Adelphi hotel in Liverpool & Guinness £2

50 a pint. Bring it on !

Catfan, nothing to do with topic .....a while ago you gave me the name of a lovely hotel in Skegness, i can't either find it or remember it. Mum has said she would like to visit  so again i would appreciate your help.

Gem.

• Like 1

hi katyjay  had a car boot the other Sunday, I had a lot of good stuff (m/s, John Lewis, curtains, quilt covers,  ect) also took a load of junk from our shed! YES! all the junk went and I was left with the rest, but after paying £7 00 for the car, when I closed at 11-30.    I made £126 00,  not bag for 3 hours work.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well done Mary,

We are getting together with daughter on Sat for a joint stall on a local car boot. We have only done one once before, which was a few years ago and we had a great morning. We sold everything, right down to one last item, which was a pair of childrens M/S school trousers, brand new, couldn't even give them away, so passed them over to another stall holder. 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Gem said:

Catfan, nothing to do with topic .....a while ago you gave me the name of a lovely hotel in Skegness, i can't either find it or remember it. Mum has said she would like to visit  so again i would appreciate your help.

Gem.

The Royal Hotel .

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Called in Bulwell Tesco this morning & bought a nice T-shirt for a tenner or 2 for £16 it said, Mrs C persuaded me to pick another one & went through the checkout at the normal price £20. Complained at Customer Service & got £8 refund, double the difference !

Result !

• Like 2

Aren't all chain stores like that in the UK? Here it is the norm (and sometimes one item is given free) when they make a mistake like that. Competition is so fierce, stores have to do all they can to get - and maintain - business.

At the top of the last page I wrote about coming across a huge car boot sale near Wrexham. One of the things I picked up there was a Wasgij jigsaw puzzle. Ever since someone posted theirs on here, I've been intrigued. The one I bought was only £4 and still in the wrapper. Today I opened it and there are 2  1000 piece puzzles in the box, the one advertised and a bonus puzzle. I have no clue what picture this one will turn out to be, then again I have no idea what the original one will look like either!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

If I do it KJ one thing is for sure - it will look nothing like the picture on the box !   

Definitely. I was loading 7 large bags of rubbish to take to the tip on Wednesday, just as the bin wagon came down the road. The driver got the two lads to sling them in the truck which saved me a trip. 

Earlier in the day, I'd been to Hucknall tip with sections of a double bed, and the two chaps there unloaded the car for me.

Such help and friendliness is almost unheard of these days.

• Like 2

Took the dog out for his usual walk round Arnot Hill Park this morning. Saw what looked like a piece of paper on the ground.

As I got closer, saw it was a ten quid note. Nobody around to ask if they had dropped any money, so it went into my pocket.

Paid for my monthly haircut. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Definitely. I was loading 7 large bags of rubbish to take to the tip on Wednesday, just as the bin wagon came down the road. The driver got the two lads to sling them in the truck which saved me a trip. 

Earlier in the day, I'd been to Hucknall tip with sections of a double bed, and the two chaps there unloaded the car for me.

Such help and friendliness is almost unheard of these days.

Did you "Tip" em FLY ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ha ha, no, I didn't want it to be seen as bribery ! LOL

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Rummaging in Tesco's scavenge bin the other day I found a 0.56Kg chunk of Orkney Islands mature cheddar cheese; normally retailing at £7.88p/Kg this was marked up at £0.22p!  1¼lbs of quality cheese for 4/4¾d.....RESULT!

• Like 1

I entered the Intel sweepstake recently (https://game.intel.com/8086sweepstakes/gb/) and apparently I've won an Intel i7 8086k CPU worth about £400! An email tells me it will be delivered around 15th October. Thought it was a scam at first but it seems genuine, if it is...……. result! 

• Like 2
On August 4, 2018 at 7:01 PM, Rob.L said:

Took the dog out for his usual walk round Arnot Hill Park this morning. Saw what looked like a piece of paper on the ground.

As I got closer, saw it was a ten quid note. Nobody around to ask if they had dropped any money, so it went into my pocket.

Paid for my monthly haircut. 

Best part of a weeks wages when I was a pup!  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Treated mesen to one of those tablet thingies yeterday. £30 off & same price at JL as Argos.

Three year guarantee at JL no extra cost with Argos only the usual one year guarantee !

Result !

• Like 1

Got two results today. One good, one not so. Some time ago I did the 'spit in the tube' DNA test through Ancestry. I did it really just to see where in the world my ancestors came from, not really thinking about DNA matches. I got my first hit of a match some time ago, but she was a 6th cousin several times removed. This past week I got notice of a closer match. We have corresponded and we are 2nd cousins, our grandmothers were sisters. This match goes by the title Sister Jenny. Turns out she is a Fransiscan Sister in Assissi. Darn it, we were in Assissi 14 months ago and 10 years prior to that. We could have passed in the street. Needless to say, we shall be corresponding a lot in the future and exchanging family history. 

Now the not so good. Well it started out good. Got a message on here from a new member, he had been Googling Parr Computer Services and up came Nottstalgia and my name. So we corresponded,  me mentioning a friend of both of us, when all 3 of us worked at Raleigh. He replied that he was shocked when said friend collapsed and died in the street aged 60. This friend would have been 75 this November and for 15 years I always wondered how she was doing. She was my one and only bridesmaid 50 years ago.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1