Anybody had a 'result' lately ?

Saw this advertised on a local villages site yesterday,

Petrol multi tool, strimmer,hedge trimmer,chainsaw,extension pole,instruction book, only used strimmer once to try it out,then put away in the garage,

All for twenty quid.Result

P1070486.jpg

Rog

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following the oil delivery lorry scraping the corner off my little museum roof on Wednesday (Photos in "How's Your Day"), the company asked me to get an estimate for repairs. As luck would have it the

We’ve been waiting for weeks for a large rug we’d seen in John Lewis to be back in stock, waiting patiently for an email informing us that it’s available again.  Today we decided to go into the shop f

Very many years ago I found a wallet containing about £200 and credit cards in a phone box at the Midland Station. I handed it in and left my details with the Railway Police on Queen’s Drive. After ab

Thats it mate £20 for the lot, the owner told me it was one of those impulse buy's and only used the strimmer attachement once, the other attachements are untouched, strimmered around the edge of my garden this morning,very pleased with results,he even threw in a bottle of two stroke oil

Rog

• Like 2

Just had a look on Amazon and it is a 43cc two stroke engined 5 multi tool and it retails at £159.17

Rog

I'm hoping this turns into a result.  Battery on my 3 year old Smartphone is dying. Takes all day to charge and goes flat quickly.  So. Looked online for vids how to fix it. It's a Samsung A3 2016, which has a glass back which is glued on. 

Anyway, seems straightforward enough.  Battery £7, double sided tape to stick glass back on (Special narrow stuff for phones) £1.70. and a set of assorted plastic and metal tools for prising and generally poking about without causing damage.. 3 quid. All from Amazon.

If it all works out I make that a revitalised phone for under 12 quid.  Has to be worth a shot..

Here's hoping....:blink:

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

Has to be worth a shot..

Go for it Col I have done several front and back screen replacements and if you take care getting them off it's relatively easy.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Some weeks ago I  bought a pack of six cans of Heinz baked beans with "no added sugar" by accident - someone must have put them in the stack of standard Heinz beans and I picked them up without noticing. Last weekend I determined to use them up and have done with them (I don't really like them) and so I opened a can from the pack. I then turned arouond to mash a pot of tea and when I turned back the beans were beginning to climb out of the can and escape! I concluded that they must have been contaminated so I popped off an email to Heinz and lo! Yesterday I received a written apology and £5 in vouvhers valid for ANY Heinz product. I Can now use up the rermainder of the cans (The second can was ok) and still buy ten tins of proper Heinz beans...........RESULT!

:jumping:

IMG-5462-Beans.jpg

Woohoo I've read my mail and it says I won the Lottery 'Set For Life' game. So now I'm set for life, great!

I'm a bit worried though, it's only £5 - do they know something I don't?  

• Like 4

Yesterday I bought a new log burner. The price was £990. When it came to paying, the shop owner charged me £950 and I thought nothing of it at the time but when I got home I thought - hang on a minute.........I bought a fire, a length of flue with an offest and the fire, for £950? Something's not right. So I phoned the shop and said I thought they might have undercharged me. They were grateful for me pointing this out and would I mind paying them an extra £40 (to make it up to the £990 for the fire) and I could have the flue pipe for free (should have been £60 on top of the fire price.). When they delivered the fire this morning they had bunged a few more extras in for free; which was nice. Glad I shopped local now 1f603.png?_nc_eui2=AeEfvYJM8P2Uw3VZY3Ok6  RESULT!

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought a clock from Hawkins Bazaar two weeks ago. I noticed that it had stopped on Friday. Close examination revealed that the card face had not been properly fixed to the backing and it was touching the hour hand, causing it to jam. I informed Hawkins and asked for directions of what to do now.  Just had an email from them: Hawkins are sending me a replacement and have told me to bin the faulty clock. I shall fix the faulty clock and keept it.... Two clocks for the price of one......RESULT!

• Like 2

£90 Brew? How much have you paid in to win that money? I reckon I have won the equivalent of about a thousand quid by not doing the lottery :)

• Like 1