Anybody had a 'result' lately ?

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following the oil delivery lorry scraping the corner off my little museum roof on Wednesday (Photos in "How's Your Day"), the company asked me to get an estimate for repairs. As luck would have it the

We’ve been waiting for weeks for a large rug we’d seen in John Lewis to be back in stock, waiting patiently for an email informing us that it’s available again.  Today we decided to go into the shop f

Very many years ago I found a wallet containing about £200 and credit cards in a phone box at the Midland Station. I handed it in and left my details with the Railway Police on Queen’s Drive. After ab

2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

In fact anything made by Apple is intuitive and user friendly.

Personally I think the opposite and Apple products are the devils spawn! 

• Like 1

You won a Teddy for Mrs.C. for you anniversary. For our 55th two days ago I've bought Mrs. Beekay a new ironing board. Being delivered tomorrow and she's no idea ! Who says romance is dead. Nowts too good for 'er indoors.

All heart me. ( especially since me attack).

• Like 1

Ian, not boasting but I now take 20 tablets a day. The hospital have upped my Atorvastatin from 10mg to 80mg.

I've horse pills smaller. Rehab unit sent me a guidance book, which lifting it alone would give you a heart attack.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, catfan said:

I can see BK that you know how to treat a woman well. Good man.

Just thought you might like to know Catfan, 'er indoors absolutely loves her anniversary ironing board.:rolleyes:

Think next year I'll get her a new dolly tub and ponch.

• Like 1

Not much use to us Ian, we have groundsmen come in once a fortnight. We personally don't have a garden.

Did consider getting her a job at Gatwick Airport........Kickstarting Jumbo jets and bird scaring.:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I had some coupons from Sainsbury’s come in the post yesterday - £9 off when you spend over £60 in store this week.  I wrote a list and Paul went there.  He  spent £61 (clever lad can add up quickly as he goes along) so it only cost £52.  
I’d already got a FREE delivery booked for Friday evening so when he got home I then just amended my online order to knock off the things that he’d bought today.

Result!  

A different kind of result but a result all the same. We have a CH radiator that has never really worked properly . The company who service our stove etc have been to see to it no end of times and can never find anything wrong. We had a more powerful pump installed as they thought the one we had wasn't strong enough. The last time they came they said the pipes leading to the radiator

were clogged up with lime scale , however after some liquid etc it still didn't work but as the room wasn't used we never bothered with it. The plumber said we would have to install copper pipes to make it work meaning that they would have to go through kitchen , lounge to the room where it was needed . We said no way we'll leave it as it is.We have found a new plumber who works for himself . The first time he came it said  it needed something or another , but it still didn't work. He came again last week and tried something else but  came

eback today and spent the afternoon working on it. We now have a really hot radiator where before it wasn't even luke warm. So a result and a very happy discovery this plumber, as he's going to change 3 radiators for us.

So the bigger the firm doesn't mean to say they are better.

• Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...

I have received a £100 voucher from Laithwaites Wine on a 12 bottle case of wine, I last used them 3 years ago when I had a £75 voucher for the same. Being a non drinker I used it for a Christmas present for my eldest son,  guess what he his having for this Christmas.

Read the small print, young  Trogg. Those vouchers usually commit you to joining a wine plan. A case every 3 months. The problem is the b*ggers send them more often!  I am a Laithwaites customer and their stuff is good but you have to watch them! Plus, you can get much better deals than their wine plans!