Beefsteak

Anybody had a 'result' lately ?

Refreshing to hear that there are still decent folk about...

• Like 4

Because we have a pole in the garden that carries the electric cables to the property we get a payment of about £10.00 a year from Western Power, just got a letter from them telling me that is going to stop,they want to give me £550.00 one off payment instead, nice one

Rog

• Like 4

I'd ask for 750. by the time they have negotiated a new 'wayleave' it would cost them a lot more to move the pole.

• Like 1

I refused a pylon Rog..ESB insisted...i then said "lets take it to court"...it's now on the racecourse behind me.

• Like 1

It's always been in my garden all the time we've lived here, not a problem,in fact I have a bird nesting box on it with a family of wrens in it this year, it's the only way we get electricity to our place

Rog

• Like 1

A wander around Bulwell Flea Market today I bought three boxed Bluray DVDs of decent films for ....................£1 for all three, a cheap night in beckons.

• Like 1

Three numbers on the lottery tonight, would normally be £30, but it was the final rollover draw and nobody had all six numbers, consequently the pot was cascaded down through the prize levels. Three numbers tonight = £153.00smile2

• Like 1

Well done  you!  

I only ever get a Free Lucky Dip.  

I needed a new bathroom window so got a quote for £400. A quick look on tinternet and supply only was £145. Studied YouTube and it looked easy, did it myself job took me 2 hours and saved £250. 

• Like 1

Everything is hard and difficult if you think that way Den, amazing, once you try it and finish a job how easy it is. Big part of replacing a window is making sure you seal it properly after it's fitted.

The only DIY job I hate, is fitting a door and door frame, looks so easy when you watch a carpenter/joiner fit one. Getting the frame plumb and square is a pain in the butt.

I had people watch me terminate an armoured cable, and they'd say you make it look easy, I'd tell them, after the first couple, it is easy, practice makes perfect.

On 3/30/2019 at 10:39 AM, denshaw said:

Studied YouTube and it looked easy, did it myself

I did the same with a carburettor the other day, Den. I had stripped and cleaned the carb but the engine didn't quite run right. I thought it might be the governor but then it was working before the carb strip. So I looked it all up on't net and lo! I had put one of the four new gaskets on back-to-front. A quick refit and the job's a gud'n.

• Like 1

I phoned EE from my landline because I can't get an EE signal indoors. I needed to "Top-up" my pay-as you-go phone and they have stopped issuing vouchers in shops. This called for me to use my credit/debit card via the mobile phone so I complained that I can't top-up unless I'm away from home. The bloke on the other end apologized and gave me an instant £10 free top-up. RESULT!

• Like 2

Just had an email from my utility provider (Octopus) that my prices for gas and electric are going down by 4% and 2% respectively as wholesale prices have dropped:jumping:But haven’t the “big 6” just put up their prices?

Lucky you !

Saw this advertised on a local villages site yesterday,

Petrol multi tool, strimmer,hedge trimmer,chainsaw,extension pole,instruction book, only used strimmer once to try it out,then put away in the garage,

All for twenty quid.Result

P1070486.jpg

Rog

If you’ve got that for £20 then you’ve got real a bargain. I’ve got a similar Stihl setup and it cost considerably more than that!

Thats it mate £20 for the lot, the owner told me it was one of those impulse buy's and only used the strimmer attachement once, the other attachements are untouched, strimmered around the edge of my garden this morning,very pleased with results,he even threw in a bottle of two stroke oil

Rog

• Like 2

Just had a look on Amazon and it is a 43cc two stroke engined 5 multi tool and it retails at £159.17

Rog

One of the best 'results' on here for a long time..

• Like 1

I'm hoping this turns into a result.  Battery on my 3 year old Smartphone is dying. Takes all day to charge and goes flat quickly.  So. Looked online for vids how to fix it. It's a Samsung A3 2016, which has a glass back which is glued on. 

Anyway, seems straightforward enough.  Battery £7, double sided tape to stick glass back on (Special narrow stuff for phones) £1.70. and a set of assorted plastic and metal tools for prising and generally poking about without causing damage.. 3 quid. All from Amazon.

If it all works out I make that a revitalised phone for under 12 quid.  Has to be worth a shot..

Here's hoping....:blink:

• Like 2

Good luck DJ, I've stopped mucking about wasting my time & money changing phone batteries & cracked screens, there is a reason it's sealed, go & get a new phone kid, thank me later.  

• Like 1