Anybody had a 'result' lately ?

I must have been in my early twenties before I saw a five pound note in my pay packet Alison....I was only on 18 quid a week gross as a skilled electrician in 1968.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Following the oil delivery lorry scraping the corner off my little museum roof on Wednesday (Photos in "How's Your Day"), the company asked me to get an estimate for repairs. As luck would have it the

We’ve been waiting for weeks for a large rug we’d seen in John Lewis to be back in stock, waiting patiently for an email informing us that it’s available again.  Today we decided to go into the shop f

Very many years ago I found a wallet containing about £200 and credit cards in a phone box at the Midland Station. I handed it in and left my details with the Railway Police on Queen’s Drive. After ab

Back in around 1997 I ordered a Raleigh M-Trax bike for my wife as a Christmas present, paying the whole £530 in advance. When i collected it a few months later, that model had been upgraded to a £875 version so i got a bargain. A couple of years later, my wife no longer used the bike and it got stolen from her father's garage. The insurance sent us a Halford's voucher for £1000 ( the maximum insured) and my wife suggested I got myself a bike with it. Just at that time GT Europe went bust so the £1000 voucher bought a £1950 replacement mountain bike (now £1050) for a total outlay of £580 over 2 years. From bargain to super-bargain.

Just been to Argos to collect a Dora doll for our Grand-daughters birthday later this month and was a handed a "lucky" scratchcard , something to do with the Nickelodeon TV channel .

Have to go online to punch in a code from the ticket .

Bingo , lucky us , we got a Silver Prize !......and that is a child goes free with a paying adult at Nickelodeon Land on Blackpool Pleasure Beach ! Doh

Let me see...... a £100 return petrol to collect grandchild , nights stay in Blackpool plus entry to park , so my lucky ticket should only cost us about £500 . Story of my life !

Plus the fact they now have my contact details forever ! noblue

Do you ever get those letters through the post .........................MR SMITH YOU HAVE WON £X000000 . Just send this letter back and blah blah blah. Oh by the way we want to sell you this load of crap (not in so many words). I had to stop my elderly Mother in Law from getting herself hooked on this rammel. Haven't they made it illegal yet?

Back to positive results, two in one day for me....

Just been down to Stoke to collect a new rod holdall that I 'won' on fleabay for 5 quid (Plus postage, but seeing as how I collected it it's cost me £5. The result ?, it wasn't the two rod quiver I was expecting, it was a four rod Fox Warrior, normally retail for over 40 quid. !!

I thought I had when on holiday in the Isle of Wight. In Godshill I found a fiver. Dead chuffed until we got back to the car in Shanklin and noticed a parking ticket. £60 quid cos I parked in the area designated for coaches. The fact that there were none in didn't matter, however it only cost me £30 as I paid within 14 days.

We went to Sherringham in the 1980s. Myself, wife, two kids & 3 of their friends. I parked in the station car park and paid into the machine & got my ticket. Well you know how kids fiddle about. young'un pushed the rejected coins button and out came the money I'd just put in. That was after I got the ticket.

We all trooped down to the beach and the kids all cleared of to paddle in the sea. I might add that they were about 13/14 age group. After about half an hour, my wife said "I can't see the kids anywhere". So we had a good look along the beach. Then it dawned. Yes you've guessed it.

They were hiding behind a car in the car park, waiting for each person to get their ticket. When it was clear they went and pushed the rejected coins button. It was only 25p to park, but I daren't say how much the little sods had made. I did think about paying the money back but I couldn't see anyone.

• Upvote 1

It never rains, but it pours!

That rod bag I was on about earlier had a telescopic bank stick in one of the pockets! (retail at £9.99p) end of the day in profit for £4.99p!!

And the real result of the day!

The Rabbit I had on order for our Charlotte turned up half an hour ago , we wanted to get her a Netherlands Dwarf Lop eared (Which is what she'd asked for) but we couldn't afford it, imagine our surprise when the one I'd blagged for free turned out to be one!

On the down side, one hutch and run 40 quid, diesel to Birmingham and back to collect said hutch, 25 quid, food/straw/sawdust/feeding bowl/drinks bottle another 50 + quid.

And now our Adam wants a Guinea pig !!

Beef, do you live in notts? Because I buy my sawdust in bulk. HUGE square block of the stuff, at least 3ft in height.. I change my guineapigs every two days, had the sawdust say... 3 months and I'm not even a quarter of the way through it. It only cost me £8! I buy the food in bulk too. I posted about the place I got them on the bargains thread.

If you get a piggy for your son, please remember not to house it with the rabbit. And rescue one, a friend of mine runs a rescue (again, I posted s thread about it) and it'd be wonderful to give a pair a second chance. They live a lot better in pairs :)

The 50 quid was mostly for the huge food bag (Hope it lives long enough to eat it all!!)

We have a Cavey rescue near here, (Winsford Cheshire) But I think I can change Adams mind and he can have a rabbit !

Some people (The vet included) tell us you can keep Guineas and Rabbits together others, say no ! The big pet store in Crewe said it's because of the food stuffs, you can give a Rabbit Guinea pig food, but not vice versa.

Its to do with the different food needs. Guineapigs don't produce their own vit c (i think, or d?) And even with a small rabbit kept with a piggy, one accidental kick can break the poor things ribs. Iv seen the damage all too much when my friend gets piggys that have been kept even with the small breeds of rabbit. It really isn't worth the risk.

That's not bad either for the food. Iv been getting 15kg sacks for 10/15quid depending on the pricing the guy does I get it from.

Im sure your bunny will have a fab home. Love rabbits but unfortunately I have too many pets already to have one! :(

Oh ans about living long enough... You may be suprised to know they can live upto 15 years! My nephew and nieces rabbit popped its clogs at the age of 13... And they didn't expect them to live so long.

Enjoy LOL :)

My wife was shopping in the Greensborough Centre and this lady came up to her and gave her a beautiful bunch of roses. Reason....she said was that whenever she buys a buch OOOPS) ? Freudian slip? a bunch for herself she always buys a second bunch to give away to make someone happy. Lovely thought and action. Isn`t it sad why we think of other motives these days? She may have been unhappy and in need of someone to talk to.

My wife being a psychiatrist would have had a multitude of thoughts and reasons! However what a lovely gesture,must find a beautiful 19 year old blonde (female of course!) to try the same.

(any of you know atreatment for bruising to a slapped face?)

Around 5yrs ago, the 'Daily Mail' freebie of the week was.......A weekend in a luxury hotel in Edinburgh

Flights included

£500 Harvey Nichols vouchers

Tour round a Brewery

Taxi's everywhere

anything free from the miniatures in the fridge

Fabulous Breakfasts,all nationalities catered for

All you had to do was phone or text contact details,i did. A few days later, i received a phone call from a very nice lady to say i had won, at first i thought it was a joke, but no, it was true, then, I thought right, here we go. Now comes the selling bit!. Nope, that was it!, i had won!!. We had a fantastic weekend, even the weather was good. So, Some one does win after all. Great it was me.

• Upvote 4

Pretty similar tale re my Blue ray player. I entered a code on a packet of M and Ms, I got an email only a couple of days later from somebody I'd never heard of telling me to ring this number to organize delivery of my prize. Oh aye, I thought, I was just going to pop it in to my spam folder and delete it when I thought 'what the hell' as it wasn't a premium rate phone number. I spoke to a nice girl who informed me I'd won the prize of a Blue ray player, 4 blue ray discs and an HDML cable to connect it all up to the telly !

So somebody does win !

Must be about 15yrs ago, we ordered a three sided dressing table mirror in an antique bronze color, When it arrived there was a tiny weeny crack in the corner

of the middle mirror.I called to complain and the department store arranged for a new one to be sent. As it was not worth returning it, they agreed for me to dispose of it. :tease: It looks very nice in my spare bedroom with a strategically placed ornament in front of the crack. thumbsup RESULT.

• Upvote 1

7dayshop are renowned for that policy (Sometimes) I bought a camera/laptop bag (25 quid) a few years back which started to drop to pieces once I'd loaded it (The lining started coming away from the outer layer.) I emailed to complain, they gave me a full refund and told me to just dispose of the old one, which I promptly did....................................... three years later!

This doesn't work in the U.K., and only in some (most) states - but typically, if you buy from an out-of-state on-line retailer, you don't pay sales tax. Unfortunately, the shipping cost often exceeds what the sales tax would be, so it isn't worth it.

BUT... We decided to re-work our bedroom closet using "ClosetMaid" hardware - available at the local "Home Depot". Unfortunately, they do not stock the "kits", only the individual parts, so I went to the ClosetMaid online store. Ordered all I need, free shipping and NO SALES TAX - Saved almost $40!

Unfortunately, now I have to install it!

Re #44

I forgot to say that on the day we spent our Harvey Nichols £500, there was a promotion on, so every time we spent over £25 we got a voucher for £5, and we got the £5 promotion on those vouchers as well! making

that another £120! Hows that for another RESULT. thumbsup

• Upvote 2