Anyone been into the new Micropub on Mansfield Road, Carrington? We popped in there this evening, it's a nice cosy place (only seats about 20 people), bit like a cafe, selling 4 different real ales and a red and white wine. Two of the guys who own it were there and were very welcoming. It's so close to home it might have to be our new local !!

• Upvote 1

They don't do food, nor Sky Sports. Just a cosy place for a pint or few and yes it was a pharmacy and has been an empty shop for a couple of years so it's good to see these chaps taking a chance with a new venture

• Upvote 1

Mentioned it here a little while ago:

http://nottstalgia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8472&&page=5

It's an interesting concept and one that will become more widespread I think. I've spoken to friends who have visited Doctors Orders and they liked it. I like the idea of it but won't be visiting as they only serve real ale and cider I understand. I left that behind in the Wagon & Horses in Redhill about 1977! :)

I hope it goes well and it will be a fine complement to The Gladstone, not far away.

It's actually on the next page of that thread Stu, post #109

And this is what it was in an earlier life http://goo.gl/maps/3KdcD

Any pub which doesn't have Sky Sports has to be a good thing.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 years later...

Doctors Orders has had a facelift in the past week. They opened again today and I wondered if I was in the same place when I walked in! The business was taken over last December by Magpie Brewery and now they've put their own stamp on the place. It's very nice and cosy, a bit bigger area for the customers now as the barrels have been moved down to the cellar. Very close to home so it will continue to be our local !

• Upvote 3

Hi Lizzie was in that area on Fridat night and had every intention on going in but Wendy spotted it was closed and we went to the Gladstone instead

Had a really good night In there.

• Upvote 2

You might be interested in trying Beer Dock (another micro-pub) too. It's in the old Nat West Bank in Sherwood. They have 4 or 5 draught ales and around 240 bottled beers and ciders to try plus they have an off-licence too. Very friendly and knowledeable staff.

We've been in the Beer Dock but didn't manage to have a drink. It was the opening night, the other week, and we walked in at 7.58 pm and they wouldn't serve us. We had no idea the place closed at 8 pm. Not sure if that is the norm for every evening but haven't bothered to go again.

They were only allowed an 8 o'clock licence for the first month because Sherwood has such a bad name with the licensing magistrates so they had to be squeaky clean before re-applying. Now open till 11.

• Upvote 2
  • 5 years later...