• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

old ace paid a suprize visit to whitehart on thursday night said it took them 15 and a half hours to get across on the ferry from shetland to aberdeen instead of usual 12 hours at the rate this weathe

I really hope that was a poor attempt at a joke on your part. Because, as you've never had kids of your own, you will never, ever, be able to appreciate the pain we will all go through tomorrow when

We got back to the Auld Rock OK. The weather here is sunny with a slight frost at night. When we were in Notts I had hoped to visit Wollaton Park, but decided against it because of the ice underfoot.

Did anyone wake up to, or by, the earth quake this morning? Heavy snow... earth quakes... what next?? anyways, we have a good couple of inches here, and its snowing again, only finely but quite alot. Been out twice today with the little one, she loves the snow! I was seeing a friend out.. once she saw it was snowing she had a tantrum till i put her coat and shoes on and let her out on the front garden. Shes learnt to make snow balls so far! Bless her :)

Hey, Bazza....the forecast was out a bit for you lot up there!

Saw on the news tonight that Sydney got to 45.8C...hottest day in 150 years.

Imagine what the heat was like out west of the city; probably another 2-3 degrees higher. Sydney will be competing with Oodnadatta shortly for the highest Australian temperature - 50.7C in 1960.

Reckon it has the makings of a hot summer this year across the country.

My Aunt up there will tell me all about it on Sunday.

Yep,47 C at my house in wetern Sydney yesterday. :faint:

The AC had a really good workout.

Baz :ninja:

Saw the snowfalls in England on our news this evening. Falls like that and that deep are what I remember from my time back home in the 50s.

I'd like to congratulate the postman around here, who has just delivered mail at the same time as he always does. Obviously a few flakes didn't bother him.

That's what got me yesterday, when it finally dumped down on us yesterday our post woman turned up about an hour before she normally does !

There's some scum out there !!

Our kids spent ages making these today.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beefsteak44/8395605627/'>8395605627_864638367b_b.jpg

Just one hour later (And the gate was locked too !!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beefsteak44/8395604623/'>8395604623_7ef1a16f3c_b.jpg

Like I said . SCUM

Little b******s!!!! Why would you even do that? Have you tried to build them back before the kids notice? i hope if they saw what happend they arent too upset! Unfortunately it seemed to of rained all day here, very fine stuff, although some people argued and said it was snow, whatever it was it melted most of the snow in our back and front garden and me and my daughter had nothing to make snowmen with :(

Call the Police!

Is there any footprint evidence?

Could you even call the police because someone destroyed a coupe of snowmen? (No offence there Beef)

Call the Police!

Is there any footprint evidence?

I really hope that was a poor attempt at a joke on your part.

Because, as you've never had kids of your own, you will never, ever, be able to appreciate the pain we will all go through tomorrow when my kids (In floods and floods of tears) finally realise that there are some faceless twisted wankers out there, who will go out of their pathetic way to try to spoil other peoples fun.

And those of us with a bit of backbone don't need to run to the police with every little problem that we encounter, we use our own courage to sort out the that little hand full of grit that life throw into the workings of our lives and not waste the recources avilable from the local constabulary.

• Upvote 2

Beefsteak, I reckon that mick was just trying to lift the mood a bit after seeing what those callous bastards had done to your kids snowmen and women.

On the other hand, mick could also be harking back to his previous occupation as you say that the offenders had gained entry to you front yard over a locked gate amd presumably a wall or fence. In that case, they have entered your property with intent and footprints would indicate whether kids or adults.

Thinking it is just you that had louts over in your garden is maybe not the case. Could be similar incidents in your street and area at the same time that night and more serious damage incurred by some householders to their cars and property. If that is the fact, all information the police get could eventually identify the scum.

Saw your post #9 in the Schools Closed thread and your kids looked pretty pleased with themselves standing next to their first effort. Can't imagine their sadness when they find out.

• Upvote 1

OK point taken, on the 'lighten the mood ' idea, my appologies for the over reaction on my part.

But to call in the police 'cause some dick heads have knocked over a pile of snow !.....I think you'd get laughed off the park.

Beefsteak

These ar$holes don't stop at snowmen, they are likely to be the ones who walk down a street kicking wing mirrors off cars.!

Quite possibly other things happened on your street that night, all connected with the same drunken ar$holes.

As Trevor quite rightly points out they were in your private premises, as were their footprints.

They were there with intent to commit damage, and did cause damage, no matter how minor.

There are two offences of damage. 'Criminal damage under the value of £x', and 'Criminal damage over the value of £x'

Whatever £x is nowadays.

Regarding the modern police, they may no longer be interested in such 'trivia' but they forget that when these Tw4ts came out of the pub pissed and did the cars,the only footprints in snow were on a public footpath and of no value for that reason.

They slipped up by entering your premises and leaving their footprints. There could be 2-3 distinctive footmarks in a private area.

You are too kind to the police in 'not wasting their time', they should be recording all incidents of a suspicious nature, to see the bigger picture when incidents of a more serious nature occurs. Regrettably they now tend to try to massage figures by failing to record them or recording them as something else. (They call it cuffing) The police love unreported incidents and crimes as it makes their figures look good without 'massaging' them. If a number of cars are damaged on a street say £500-£1000 each they may record all cars as one crime. 'Continuing offence' That is until the offences are detected, and someone is arrested for them, then the one crime can mysteriously become ten. (Detection Stats)

I hope you find them before the police do, you probably have more chance.

Point taken, but this was done by kids (Perhaps I should have made that a bit clearer!) and done in an area where other kids (And some grown up kids!) had been playing all day, so there would be no chance whatsoever of distinguinshing them.

As for the latest sport/passtime of knocking off car wing mirrors, it doesn't seem to have transferred over this side of the Pennines yet ! But they went up my Mums road at Christmas, they did hers and my sisters and every one elses in between. the b45t4rd5.

Where I live we're all pretty fortunate to have off road parking for three vehicles, so if that game did start round here I think it would be taken a lot more serious as they are entering your premises with 'malice aforethought'

One of the latest 'crazes' for bored teenagers, you know; From the bleedingheart brigade "it ain't their fault, its ours for not entertaining them enough, with yoof clubs etc' as if they'd treat them any better than the property they currently vandalise.............................

They charge down a road with parked cars each side & 'race' each other up the bonnet over the roof & down the boot, great honking boot/trainer prints at the very least!!!

Don't yer just love 'em........................................... madashell

Plenty here this morning. Roads covered.

Heathrow are gritting runways, the French have been hit bad but their airport officials are saying they don't grit to prevent corrosion to aircraft?