• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

old ace paid a suprize visit to whitehart on thursday night said it took them 15 and a half hours to get across on the ferry from shetland to aberdeen instead of usual 12 hours at the rate this weathe

I really hope that was a poor attempt at a joke on your part. Because, as you've never had kids of your own, you will never, ever, be able to appreciate the pain we will all go through tomorrow when

We got back to the Auld Rock OK. The weather here is sunny with a slight frost at night. When we were in Notts I had hoped to visit Wollaton Park, but decided against it because of the ice underfoot.

It's given us a good coverage, enough to rebuild a snowman family if neccessary, but not enough to cause traffic chaos.

I took SWMBO to work at half seven and every single road in the area looked as if it had never been gritted, ever, even the town by pass.

I saw them out last night and I live on top of the UKs supply of road salt !!

So who do you not have sympathy for ??

Got ya!

Unfortunately some of us had to (Not now obviously) if we wanted to put food on the table and keep a roof over our heads, as I don't know of any haulage companies that pay drivers to sit on their backsides doing nowt !

Not like being a civil servant 33 day holiday, umpteen weeks paid sick leave etc........................ slywink

Not sure where the civil servants come into it, but when I was working, I would not be going out to work in difficult and dangerous conditions.

They rung us once and told us not to come as all vehicles had been grounded.

Locally Two cars from the same family went out and ended up side by side in a river in Derbyshire. The father of the family drowned.

Not sure where the civil servants come into it, but when I was working, I would not be going out to work in difficult and dangerous conditions.

They rung us once and told us not to come as all vehicles had been grounded.

Locally Two cars from the same family went out and ended up side by side in a river in Derbyshire. The father of the family drowned.

OK uncivil servant....... (I am joking you know !!)........... That's just what I'm talking about though, your bosses said "Don't come in as your vehicles are grounded", because regardless of the weather conditions you'd still get paid. Haulage workers on the other hand !!............................... well put it this way, if they stopped you'd all be in the mire after a couple of days !

Heard about that family by the way (Local news here too) I'd love to know how that happened, as they set out half an hour between them then the mothers car went off the road and pinned the fathers door shut. Did you see the terain they lived in though, now that was dangerous!

It looks like a towpath, but I am told that it is a road that even the emergency services could not negotiate due to the conditions at the time.

Yesterday 3" snow here after overnight blizzard.

Midday yesterday elderly lady called to say she had no power, went round to check and nothing coming into the mains.

Contacted electric provider, they had a phase out effecting over 100 houses. ours was not effected. Power came back after over 3 hours.

8.15 our power went off and I had to get up at 11.45 to turn the tv off when the power came back on. No doubt 'the wrong type of snow on the lines was the problem.

At 9pm last night heavy rain started, and this morning we went from 3" snow to No snow. Get yer sandbags out if you live in low lying areas!