Horse meat in burgers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Horse meat or not 'aint the point.The point is we're being conned again by someone lying about their products obviously for profit. If I buy free range eggs I want free range, not factory farmed then

To eat or not to eat Tesco burgers. That is equestrian.

Don't know what all the fuss is about. People on the continent have been eating horse meat for 'donkeys' years and they are all right. It's only the thought of eating horse is what upsets us Brits.

Don't know what all the fuss is about. People on the continent have been eating horse meat for 'donkeys' years and they are all right. It's only the thought of eating horse is what upsets us Brits. Would people eat cow if it wasn't nicely wrapped up on a tray in the supermarket. would they eat chicken if they had to kill it themselves, get over it - it's food, eat and enjoy.

• Upvote 2

Horse meat or not 'aint the point.The point is we're being conned again by someone lying about their products obviously for profit.

If I buy free range eggs I want free range, not factory farmed then dipped in sh*t and feathers to make 'em look the real thing.

• Upvote 4

I get your point and agree with you, however I was just pointing out that people think that eating horse meat is abhorrent - it is not, we eat other meats without a second thought, that is the point I was making.

I think a more serious concern is that the horsemeat "may" not be produced in a clean facility. If it is going to be used, it needs to be subjected to the same regulations as beef production.

Don't know what all the fuss is about. People on the continent have been eating horse meat for 'donkeys' years and they are all right. It's only the thought of eating horse is what upsets us Brits. Would people eat cow if it wasn't nicely wrapped up on a tray in the supermarket. would they eat chicken if they had to kill it themselves, get over it - it's food, eat and enjoy.

What does "Donkey" taste like? :)

Storm in a teacup I think. Tesco getting a lot of flak about this, but hang on, these burgers were supplied to many outlets including Iceland etc.

These supermarkets have been caught with their pants down by dodgy meat packers in Ireland, don't blame the shops.

Horsemeat ? does not bother me, I don't eat any meat !

What does "Donkey" taste like? :)

Chicken, I suspect!

Yoo Eeengleesh are eating the cheese that is Blu?

Ay Caramba!

Our local supermarket has a British section on it's shelves, and it sells Cropwell Bishop Stilton that well, my wife has to order it, for me,

The person who is encharge of the section say's everything sells well, and the only thing they find hard to sell is the mint sauce and .............................................

So the French must have some good tastes somewhere.............

Salami used to contain donkey meat and horse meat. I don't fancy it myself as I used to have a horse, but I love bambi burgers, which may have similar connotations for some people. They breed horses just up the road from me which are then sent to Europe for the horse meat trade. I feel sad when I go by their field, but really is that any different to a field of cows being grown for their meat, and how about those lovely little lambs that are beginning to appear again. It's all relative really. But obviously the point is these were rogue burgers.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't go out of my way to eat Horse meat, it wasn't till after we had it that we were told what it was. As I said it wasn't bad at all (Love to say it tastes like Swan, but that's an old joke) We actually thought it was Pork as it was served up with apple sauce.

IMMSC there was quite a bit of contoversy about it at the time then too (Around 1879)