Horse meat in burgers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Horse meat or not 'aint the point.The point is we're being conned again by someone lying about their products obviously for profit. If I buy free range eggs I want free range, not factory farmed then

To eat or not to eat Tesco burgers. That is equestrian.

Don't know what all the fuss is about. People on the continent have been eating horse meat for 'donkeys' years and they are all right. It's only the thought of eating horse is what upsets us Brits.

Apparently they never said it was actual horse MEAT.. but infact horse DNA. so its not strictly meat, surely? Anyways, when you order from a take-away, you dont know entirely what your eating... and kebabs are worse for it. I dont know why people are kicking off over horse being in their burgers. Theyv possibley eaten the local missing dog, grinded up bones and other nasties of a dead animal that wont get used other wise.

...I make my own burgers, cheaper, tastier and healthier! :)

Apparently they never said it was actual horse MEAT.. but infact horse DNA. so its not strictly meat, surely? Anyways, when you order from a take-away, you dont know entirely what your eating... and kebabs are worse for it. I dont know why people are kicking off over horse being in their burgers. Theyv possibley eaten the local missing dog, grinded up bones and other nasties of a dead animal that wont get used other wise.

...I make my own burgers, cheaper, tastier and healthier! :)

Horsemeat in Tesco burgers prompts apology in UK papers
_65337380_ymsikyk6.jpg Officials said the meat came from two processing plants in the Irish Republic and one in England
Tesco has placed full-page adverts in a number of national UK newspapers apologising for selling beefburgers that were found to contain horsemeat.

The supermarket giant said it and its supplier had let customers down and promised to find out "what happened".

On Tuesday, it emerged Irish food inspectors had found almost 30% horsemeat in one brand sold by Tesco.

Smaller amounts were also found in beefburgers sold by Iceland, Lidl and Aldi and Dunnes.

Officials said the contaminated products - on sale in the UK and the Irish Republic - posed no risk to human health and had been removed from shop shelves.

You have the right idea Pixie....make your own.

A friend of ours owned a McDonalds Store here in Melbourne several years ago. After he got out of the franchise, we were discussing the statement by McDonalds that their burgers were 100% beef. His reply....Perfectly true, from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail and everything in between.

Remember my mother ensuring she knew what was in her meat. She went to the butchers, bought whatever cuts of beef or lamb after she had seen them and, if she wanted a mince, she minced it herself at home.

Getting to find a decent old fashioned butchers shop that you trust would be the way these days.

Maybe you meant 1978 - or 1987 - 1979 - or 1798 ? ;)

Nah............... I said at the time then.......1879 = 6 .79 pm aka 7.19pm... you sirry irryot slywink

• Upvote 2

I only make my own burgers too, but the meat and mince it up, and while we're on the subject of what goes in them, sausages are even worse for which bits are used. :sickly:

sausages are even worse for which bits are used.

Naturally nothing is wasted...profit is the king.Years ago in butchery I saw the cheeks and ar***oles going into the sausages...and when they had dried out along with the old brawn... went into the haslet,and when that was old along with poloni and old meat pies, the whole lot went into the faggots.

A Tesco burger goes into a bar, "pint please" it asks the barman, "what was that I didn't hear you?" said the barman, " sorry about that" says the Tesco burger, "I'm a little bit horse"

Dennis

A Tesco burger goes into a bar, "pint please" it asks the barman, "what was that I didn't hear you?" said the barman, " sorry about that" says the Tesco burger, "I'm a little bit horse"

Dennis

Dennis!!.............................He de' MAN!!................... bowdown

Apparently, if you buy burgers at Tescos then fill you tank, you get 50p off of a litre.
The deal is called "Only fuel and horses"

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Reading in the media this morning of more issues with horsemeat contamination up there in merry England, such contamination going back to at least August 2012.

Reports indicate that Findus products are being recalled due to horsemeat being found in their goods; their beef lasagne containing 100% neddy.

It gives rise to the suspicion that horsemeat, whether as a partial or whole beef substitute, may have been around for some time on the nation's tables and with the full knowledge of persons in the meat supply chain.

This has gone past the question of one's tastes or acceptances of meat types. It is now a question of honesty and whether you believe what you are told or read as to the content and/or source of what you eat.

Further read that the Romanian Mafia and other crime syndicates are suspected to be involved.

Brings to mind the film Soylent Green and the content of the Soylent Green wafer biscuit which was unwittingly eaten by the people!

No edit here and I pressed before I had finished ----------

and don't eat that c""p either - that quorn stuff is vile. Not a veggie by ethics etc but by illness but now quite happy not to eat meat but my OH does and also quite happy to cook for him and the rest of the family so no drum bashing veggie.

That joke appeals to my sense of humour.

The story of horse meat being found in meat products, over in the UK, made national news here yesterday.

Some sources say it goes back to the recovery from the 'mad cow' outbreak, when Britain had to rebuild its beef industry.

Those Argentinians must have slipped a few nags in the deal. Payback from the Falklands debacle.

Neigh, say it ain't so!