Michael Winner

I agree Beefsteak. Winner's 1963 film "WEST 11" is one of my favorite, and which of course starred Britain's perenial Blonde Bombshell, Diana Dors. Over the last couple of years I have campaigned to get the film released via Studiocanal who refused (Luddites), but now they have sold part of their film library to Network DVD, so it is my great hope that this classic gem of a film from the 60's finally recieves the public appreciation it so deserves. R.I.P Michael Winner

I'm not much of a film buff but over the past few years have always read his restaurant column in the Sunday Times. I've really missed him these past few weeks but in the last column he wrote he did look very poorly. RIP Michael Winner, Sundays will never be the same in our house.

• Upvote 1

Maybe I'm on my lonesome here, but I thought Death Wish was a great film.

It's probably what he will be remembered for most (rather than pontificating about food).

Groundbreaking at the time for a film to depict a mild-mannered man (Charles Bronson) giving the baddies their just deserts.

Great music score as well (Herbie Hancock if I remember rightly).

Not a great fan of his, but sad to see him check out.

R.I.P. Michael Winner

I thought all the Death Wish films were pretty good !!

One of them, I think it was 3, was filmed in Londons 'Docklands' during it's 'restoration' . We (me and Mick) were actually down there at the time, we didn't actually know it then, it was only after I saw it for the first time that I recognised the main protagonists girlfriend was one of the models that we took pictures of at 'Photo world' at Olympia that year.

I think so (It's me age!) Also Hasselblad let us take a picture with that wide angle lens thing. And I remember using that Canon with it's motor wind , 36 frames a second IMMSC !

I've actually squeezed into the loft and retrieved all my old photos , so you never know what may get posted in the not too distant future !!

I have a feeling that my Mum threw it away when I moved to Ibiza, (They're good at things like that you know !!)

I've just found some very interesting pictures , just wait till I've scanned them !!!!

• 3 years later...