Van Ralty Photographic studio, Clumber Street

Does anyone remember this studio? They were quite a big company, with branches in Manchester, Liverpool and Bolton as well as Nottingham. I have a large portrait photo of my Dad taken in about 1941 in his RAF uniform. Its signed in pencil at the bottom by Van Ralty. Would this be the man himself?

Does anyone else have any photos from this studio?

I dont remember the company, but your post reminded me in the 70s there were two camera shops on Pelham Street, London Camera Exchange on the left as you walked up and a bit further up on the right was another, can anyone remember the name?

Afraid I don't know anything about Van Ralty, but it made me check out a few old family photos which have studio names. I doubt if any of these still exist - they are all from the 1920s and 30s.

Cine Snaps - 113 Radford Road

Studio Loraine - 32 Parliament Street

George W Marsh - West End Studios, Moorgate Street

Cine Studios - 14a Long Row, and 488 Mansfield Road, Sherwood.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I have a photograph of a member of the RAF in uniform taken about 1941/42 which is stamped on the reverse side "Studio Loraine, 32 Parliament Street, Nottingham (Opposite Elite) Also on the reverse, written in pencil is the re-order no. 1102A. I believe this man's name is Frank as I have another photo of him with the following written on the reverse side - "Taken after seven days rest at Rome, Frank". Presumably he was from Nottingham and had this photo taken whilst on home leave. These photos together with others of him were discovered in the possession's of my Aunt after her death. I would love to find out more about him and if he survived the war although I suspect that he did not as my aunt did not marry, never mentioned him and was reluctant to talk about the war. Attached is the Nottingham photo. Any help would be most appreciated.

post-7405-0-24249600-1448035873_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

A warm welcome kid, and the best of luck. I'm sure there will be someone on here to assist you in your quest.

• 5 years later...