Smallest Pub in Nottingham?

I recall my brother taking me to a pub,late 60's, somewhere between the arboretum and forest road/alfreton road, at the end of a row of terraced houses, it was the corner house, with only 2 very small rooms, a jukebox in the hallway, can't recall the name of it, but big bro' said it was the smallest public house in Nottingham

The "smallest" public house in Nottingham was reputed to be The Duke of St Albans North Sherwood Street.

Opened in 1927 & closed in 1963 when it became a private dwelling.

http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;NTGM003985&pos=2&action=zoom&id=55433

Thanks Bubblewrap, I googled that one myself, it certainly looks like the same/similar place & the locations correct, but sure we went there in late 60's, I was only 12 in '63.

Perhaps it re-opened for a while? I think our dominoes team (Vernon Arms) also went there for a match, probably getting it all confused!! I'll have to ask big brother, he may remember..................

I konw it's a different one but Nottinghamshire also has a claim on the smallest pub in the UK with "The Beehive" at Mapplebeck. (Don't know if it still is open though!

I had my first pint in there! (I served as apprentice Motor mechanic just over the road at Automart.)

It certainly wasn't a small pub in '77, and to be honest I've never heard it refered to as such either.

the boat inn priory st lenton was a very small pub inthe early seventies two very small rooms with the bar running between them in early 80s it was renovated and made into one bar with a small extention put on the back and a corridoor to the then outside tiolets.

• 6 years later...
On 3/22/2019 at 7:10 PM, Vale4646 said:

That first pint wouldn’t happen to of been with John Hawkins would it?

Staff or customers?
Not that I know the name !