I wouldn't have wanted Warnock, but it's worrying to know that he wouldn't have had total control over team selection. I hope Mr Fawaz doesn't want any input. It should be up to the Manager however much cash Fawaz has injected into the club.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest's squad at the start of the season was very strong. I've heard that Davies' training regime was ridiculously touch and probably responsible for most of the injuries which took a lot of the play

Just to refresh your memory, Ashley. His name was Mr. Brian Clough. He also won a few things as a Manager, as shown below. It's a pity he didn't retire before his last season when he was in ill health

I am not remotely interested in football, but if I was I would be unable to see any point in having teams that have geographical names utilising players who have not the remotest connection with the l

This is what we feared would happen when they got rid of the old committee who were very insular and negative thinking.

We missed our best chance of promotion when Billy was here the first time under Nigel Doughty . However we did have Mark Arthur as Chief Exec. What an egotistical character he turned out to be.

Just to refresh your memory, Ashley. His name was Mr. Brian Clough. He also won a few things as a Manager, as shown below. It's a pity he didn't retire before his last season when he was in ill health.

Derby County Nottingham Forest
  • Upvote 3

He was a Forest legend but he's no good as a Manager though, LizzieM. When you see the Managers running around and jumping up and down on the touchline, as their teams are losing once again, you realise you need more than passion.

Oh, have you something to tell us regarding Stuart Pearce, LzzieM? (#34/35)... :secret:

Well I don't know enough about football really. I've spent too much time listening to my Dad moaning about Notts over the years! He was a very critical man but what he said was usually absolutely right. Not sure about a foreign manager though and I don't think Clough will move again by choice at the moment.

• Upvote 2

I don't think the Forest fans would welcome Nigel Clough back to the City Ground after his time at Derby County. They would remember the time when Forest had a player on the ground with a bad injury. Instead of putting the ball out, Clough ordered the Derby players to carry on the attack and they went on to score. You don't forget things like that.

• Upvote 2

Talking of footballers thighs,only took my wife to Notts co.match once,it was a cup match against spurs late 80s i think,and all she went on about after was the thighs of Hoddle Waddle and the county defender whos name escapes me black lad from the MEADOWS?

At least the Sheep lost. It would have been advantageous to win last night with Reading losing.

Looks like mid-table mediocrity again.

• Upvote 1

At least the Sheep lost. It would have been advantageous to win last night with Reading losing.

Looks like mid-table mediocrity again.

I sure do hope I live to see them out of a standard mid table position. Would have loved to be a fan in the glory days!

Cometh Glenn Hoddle we get back to glory days,nice chap very smart WEARS A TIE.

So does a shop window dummy, but more importantly just what has Doodle won as a manager? one play off final, and then within days promptly left Swindon to join Chelsea, In his 6 spells as a manager he left 4 times and was sacked the other 2, his overall win record for all games in charge is only 39% (Davies' record at Forest was 42% and they sacked him twice!) That plus the faith healer business and the fact he hasn't managed a club since 2006 puts me off

• Upvote 1

Seriously Forest have shot it,reading between the lines today in the POST,Its obvious FAWAZ is the manager and runs it his way,he will choose the players that come in,he may as well pick the team.he states he knows football and has even played in KUWAIT.WOW!

• Upvote 1