• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest's squad at the start of the season was very strong. I've heard that Davies' training regime was ridiculously touch and probably responsible for most of the injuries which took a lot of the play

Just to refresh your memory, Ashley. His name was Mr. Brian Clough. He also won a few things as a Manager, as shown below. It's a pity he didn't retire before his last season when he was in ill health

I am not remotely interested in football, but if I was I would be unable to see any point in having teams that have geographical names utilising players who have not the remotest connection with the l

Great choice and it will certainly do nothing but help with the Al-Hasawi family's waning popularity but there just HAS to be fireworks!

'Fasten your seatbelt Grandma - the bingo game's about to begin!'

• 10 months later...

Hope they spend a bit, they're not consistent enough at the moment. Too many late goals conceded . Let's win a bit dirty, but fair.

Hit the opposition quick, hard and fast.

Nice to see that you're Forest fans, basfordred and a charlesworth. I'm looking forward to the F.A. Cup game against West Ham and I think that the money will be available to Billy and we'll be in the mix at the end of the season. It's sad to see what's happening at Notts County at the moment and I hope that they'll get it sorted and be safe come the end of the season. As I've stated on Nottstalgia before, I want every Nottingham team or individual to do well, whatever they are involved with.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Turned Forest into a laughing stock (as if he cares)

He leaves with four years salary to honour his contract.

Being remote from the centre of the Universe, this is the first I've heard of this, though the way things go in this game today I can't say I'm surprised. In the "good old days" Billy Walker kept going through thick and thin, though a heck of a lot more thin than thick back then. It was always a case towards the end of the season of hoping those teams around us lost rather than having any hope of us winning!

Come on Nigel!!

• Upvote 1

When I started this thread my initial post was: 'I've just heard that Billy Davies is to return to the City Ground. Light the fuse and stay well back..lol'

Billy Davies has been given around eight million pounds for players, which is a huge amount for the Championship, but it was looking like he would't even get into the play-offs.

Every pundit was saying that Forest had one of the strongest squads but when they started getting a few injuries the players that were coming in were found not to be good enough.

Or were they good enough but just lacked any motivation from Davies. Davies was very confrontational and fell out, and was sacked, with two Forest owners, as well as the Press. He was also in trouble with the F.A. for abusing the referee and officials. Regarding Warnock, his talks with Forest have reached a stalemate and it's unlikely that he'll be the next Forest Manager, I hope that the right man gets the job and leads our great Club to where it belongs. I'd better put the Premiership before a Notts or Derby fan jumps in...lol.

• Upvote 2

Forest's squad at the start of the season was very strong. I've heard that Davies' training regime was ridiculously touch and probably responsible for most of the injuries which took a lot of the players out. Having said that, the second team should have been strong enough to play better than they did against Derby, which was basically just, disgraceful. Davies' attitude towards the fans after the match on Saturday was shocking, and he seems like a different man from the one before. Fingers crossed Forest move forward from this and land a place in the play offs!

• Upvote 4

#12 ah yes commo, walker,whare,thomas,morley,gager,burkitt,scott,leverton,ardron,capel,collingridge. billy walker manager,tommy graham trainer.

early 50s

Yes bilboro-lad,#18. i "would like to see a young new face,not one off the money go round,and stay with a British one.

The problem is that managers get sacked that often (did I read 18 months is the average?) that Forest are just bound to get a failure from another club. It's just the way it seems to work these days. Instead of having a four year contract they should have a zero hours contract.

• Upvote 1

Long term injuries have done us this last few months, Lansbury, Wilson,Hobbs, Cohen now Reid in and out.

However, before the injuries we were inconsistent. We gave away too many soft goals in the last few seconds of many games, ie Bournemouth, Blackpool etc and somehow we couldn't break down crap teams, Doncaster, Barnsley etc. we have to get rid of this stupid idea whereby we give "respect" to the lesser teams (what a vastly overused word that is) Cloughie never did,. In those days the team went out with the attitude that we were going to annihilate the opposition. That's what did us when we were relegated under. Cloughie, we beat several of the top teams, but couldn't beat the Sheffield Utds, Southamptons, Coventry and West Hams of the division. We will be back !

I might be wrong but cannot see the logic in sacking a manager with 5 games to go? Forest have been hanging on to the play off's for weeks now, another year and they'd have been out of the top six 2 months ago, it was only the the fact other teams were as bad that kept them up there, something that some now appear to be rectifying, lots has been said re injuries, will a new manager cure them? my choice for manager is Steven Frayne

Thank the Lord,Warnock turned the job down,how embarrassing to think Forest were even interested,

Photo in the post today of him in a shop in Brinsley "probably buying fags"on his way to the interview,if thats the way he dresses for an interview i am even happier hes not next manager.NO TIE. :)

• Upvote 2