• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forest's squad at the start of the season was very strong. I've heard that Davies' training regime was ridiculously touch and probably responsible for most of the injuries which took a lot of the play

Just to refresh your memory, Ashley. His name was Mr. Brian Clough. He also won a few things as a Manager, as shown below. It's a pity he didn't retire before his last season when he was in ill health

I am not remotely interested in football, but if I was I would be unable to see any point in having teams that have geographical names utilising players who have not the remotest connection with the l

Now that football is seen as a 'product' and buying a club is an investment opportunity, you have idiots in the boardroom thinking that they can micro-manage and 'strategise' their way into the Premier league.

I believe Psycho's reluctance to take the Forest job in the first place was because they wanted to have first say on what players to buy and sell - and basically to run the backroom themselves.

They just seem to want the manager to be a politician and look good at press conferences. And when the results don't come - or the team gets beaten 5 - 0 they can blame him and fire him in a very public way.

We have bullshit positions in clubs now like 'Director of Football' (basically the chairman's lackey to pass on his instructions to the manager). The investers don't know anything about man-management, tactics, team building.......... football in general !

They think they do, but they don't.

Look at Fulham, QPR last season, West Brom now.

Throwing money at the problem won't necessarily buy results.

The current fashion in the Premier league is to sack the manager and bring in someone from abroad - like success in Spain or Germany will directly translate to the English league.

I hope Pearce gets himself a cast-iron contract and that they give him a reasonable amount of time.

But I don't think Forest have a shot at the playoffs this season.

• Upvote 1

I am not remotely interested in football, but if I was I would be unable to see any point in having teams that have geographical names utilising players who have not the remotest connection with the locality. What is the point of gathering a team of folk from the four corners of the land, plus the odd import from Nicaragua, Upper Volta and the Gobi Desert and calling it "Clagfield United"?

• Upvote 3

StephenFord #81

Not interested in Football in the least, I am a football philistine.

But I can never understand why a NOTTINGHAM Forest supporter would not support NOTTS County as well, & Vice Versa?

Or a UK supporter of any club could not enjoy watching a game whilst on holiday, with say Real Madrid?

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

What a farce Pearce the manager elect "sits in the stands making notes,whilst the youth team coach tries to get us into the play-offs,HELLO!

I said as much 20 posts ago, The agreement that Pearce starts "next season" was to me an admission they had given up on this season, They being "the men upstairs" What a position to put Brazil in? what if he had by some miracle got them up? I say miracle as he (apart from personnel pride) didn't have much incentive? Like your boss saying to you, "Get us this £50,000,000, contract, and then we'll get someone in to replace you" What next? renaming the ground and change of strip?

• 3 months later...

Zero hours for all footballers excellent idea ,meets equal oops,wouldn't that be good footballers being treated equally ,maybe start them on 6.50p ph=6 hours a week cor they would earn £39 a week ,sorry you have to expect them being overpaid,perhaps 60 per cent tax.

During the world cup,I would listen to some of the games while I was working.One of the games were two South American teams playing.

If I hadn't known,It sounded like Chelsea and Arsenal were playing.

England must give the 'home grown' youngsters a chance at top class football,I think we saw the result in the English squad.

• Upvote 1

It's true that the top footballers are very well paid but you have to understand that they generate many billions of pounds also. The top rate of tax in England is 45% so a top player who earns £200,000 a week would pay a huge sum to the taxman. The top players attract millions of supporters every season to their football stadiums. These stadiums employ thousands of people and television also generates millions of pounds. The catering also generates millions of pounds and gives work to ....well, I think you've got the picture. Instead of millions of pounds it's probably billions of pounds but I don't have the time to check the figures out. Top sportsmen will always earn the top money and I wonder why it's footballers who get slagged off but nobody seems to mention that Michael Schumacher's personal wealth is £475 million. They've earned their money by being the best in the world at what they do and bringing billions of pounds towards the economy.

Yes Michael, but as most Premiership players are foreigners then also a fantastic amount of money goes abroad never to be seen in this country.

I think footballers needs the masses ,if football ended today the economy would hardly notice,but if builders ,caters shirt makers etc were no longer the world would know to think a few overpaid players would devastate the economy is misleading,,however transport is a vital part of today's world and things developed on grand prix cars are often used to help safer and cheaper motoring which in turn does generate billions to the economy .