Things Seldom Said

Although this idea for a topic is stolen from another magazine I thought the good folk on Nottstalgia would come up with some crackers :) .

To get the ball rolling I thought something from Alex Ferguson "The opposition played really well and the ref/linesmen were excellent-however we were poor".

Closer to home, person selling house to potential buyer "Oh no that's far too much money, let me drop the asking price a bit".

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and a great one of denshaws favs always used to have kat rolling in her seat. and certainly not said enough NO GLOVE NO LOVE still remember her face the first time she heard him say that at one of t

Your talking to the former Union Health & Safety Officer. It caused much hilarity and an entry in the Job Newsheet. "Mick2me has taken on the post of H&S Officer. Upon first opening the H&am

Woman: "I apologize, I was wrong"

Playing pool with a mate after just missing a shot he came out with the saying..."if i had hit that right it would have gone in"....DOH !!

To be followed up by:

'Aye, and if yer Auntie had b**** she'd be yer uncle.'

and a great one of denshaws favs always used to have kat rolling in her seat. and certainly not said enough

NO GLOVE NO LOVE

still remember her face the first time she heard him say that at one of the meet up but carnt remember what the conversationwas about for that to come out proberly his gloves and handbag.

• Upvote 1

i know den reminded me if this when i was looking at word assosiation gloves condoms sheves ect

"bring back the Poll Tax" You Say

Its nearly as popular as V.A.T.

Which reminds me I am so glad they put it up from 17.5% to 20% its now far easier to work out how much things really are.

And that's what I say.

Castle?

I must have missed it, I saw a college. A masterpiece of design. Was it built by Watson Fothergill perhaps, or was he responsible for the Broad Marsh Centre?.

I don't know why we don't bring back the Poll Tax, it worked so well last time!

The Poll Tax gets a bad press these days; the facts sometimes get slightly overlooked, and they can demonstrate a rather different picture.

I still have the relevant council demands for the last Poll Tax and the first Council Tax.

Last Poll Tax (1992-93) - £283

First Council Tax (1993-94) - £344

Why should I not be happy with the Poll Tax?

Castle?

I must have missed it, I saw a college. A masterpiece of design. Was it built by Watson Fothergill perhaps, or was he responsible for the Broad Marsh Centre?.

Ah well, that's my stab at having a little fun over.