Glad you enjoyed it Bubble. Wonder if it could be popular enough for them to attempt to make some more?

Too much like Elsie Mo/Screech Owl

My favourite Castle Rock regular is Screech Owl but I have to limit myself to two or three as it's a tad too powerful to risk any more.

I'm not particularly a real ale drinker but I hear a lot of criticism of Castle Rock's beers generally by the worthies in the Lincolnshire Poacher. I'm not really qualified to say as I've only tried Harvest Pale. I find that a little 'flowery' for my tastes and in fairness I'm not a bitter drinker generally but again I hear a lot of people say that brew is not nearly as good as it used to be, and that it's taste and characteristics have changed for the worse.

My sister knew Richard Beckinsale - she met him on a course for aspiring actors at Chichester Festival Theatre - she didn't become anywhere near as famous as he did, but on the other hand, she is still around!

I do agree with Barclaycon - #12 - about Shippo's, and although I always regarded it affectionately for historic reasons, I would go out of my way to avoid having to drink it! I was a Home Ales fan myself, but in those halcyon days of Yore, it was unfortunately "fashionable" to drink Red Barrel and "E"!

Shippo's always had the nick name in our family as Numb-Numb, but as it was perhaps not due to it's specific gravity particularly, I always wondered what else might have introduced into the brewing process to give it it's particular effect!

Uncle was drayman for Shippo's, and legend has it that they always had a pint at each drop, then he would go out in the evening to relax wth a few pints of the same.

There were some pretty dreadful beers around in the 60's and 70's. I always tried as best I could to drink German bottled beer although it was expensive at the time. Now, of course, it's made at Burton On Trent along with a whole load of other supposedly foreign beers!

Home Ales wasn't bad (brewed in Daybrook ?).

Watneys - I don't know where it came from but it was awful. I have very bad memories of student parties and the morning after disgusting smell of stale Watney's Red Barrel.

Remember the adverts on TV at the time?

Brew 11 for the men of the Midlands.

Davenports 'beer at heeome' (phonetic spelling there).

There was a pub in Loughborough that actually had Davenports on tap and it was one of the best tasting beers I can remember.

There was a Devenports pub in Shardlow - but I never tried it.

Well remember the crap beers of my youth - Double-Diamond, Worthington "E", Red Barrel, there is no wonder some started drinking lager! However, Home Ales, Kimberley's and Marston (brewed in Burton-on-Trent) were among my favorites. Mansfield was a strong runner-up!

During late 60's to early 80's, I was forced to 'endure' many a pub crawl with my wayward elder brother, who'd pretty much drink anything beer wise!!

so I was subjected to many Shippo's & Home ales pubs, mainly in & around Radford, Basford (old & new), Medders & Bulwell, often doing the famous (with us brothers); " Up one side of Hyson Green & Alfreton Road, & down t'other side" only drinking half's but still took some doing!!

One of the nicest brewery's I came across was Everard's (liecester) that had a few pubs in Nottingham, I think they did 'Tiger Bitter' very nice pale golden beer, no idea what happened to Everards.........................BTW it didn't work!!..........my missus would add an 'N' to it!!