Thank you darkanza, I remembered you had to make a roux first. Perhaps I'll find some butterscotch essence in April when I'm over, perhaps a health food store?

Hi Katyjay,

I get mine from a sugarcraft shop in Eastwood, but there is a website, sweetsuccess.uk.com that sell it. They may be able to send it out to you.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have the recipe Katyjay, and I also have the essence, but you can just use vanilla, it is not quite so sweet as the butter essence. Recipe: (for anyone who would like it) Line 9" flan tin with sho

We, in Watnall, had dinner at 12-12.30 and tea at 6...after The Magic Roundabout or Hector's House! Dinner was cooked main meal, tea was usually something like scrambled egg on toast, or potted dog (n

We could have a badge struck, "I'm in the Pudding Club"

Had a laugh the other night - Mary and I went for a beer at one of the local bars (The Antler) and were sitting at the bar. The chap sitting next to me had a small shopping bag sitting on the bar which tipped over, only to have a can of Heinz Spotted Dick roll out!

You can imagine the conversation that followed!

• Upvote 1