Did you know the very first Home use Video Recorder was invented in Nottingham, I only know because I managed the Whitemoor Hotel Pub (Snooty Fox) and one of the Inventors Norman used to drink in there almost every day with his wife, to corroborate this I went to the Industrial museum at Wollaton Hall and his photo along with the prototype is in a case, It was so sad he made hardly any mony from it they sold the idea in the states and they made the cash with some more development. Typical no UK backing.

Thought you might like to know so we dont forget them.

Have you got any (DID YOU KNOWS). Cheers Alan.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

July 28 1813 An eccentric framework knitter named James Hutchinson died this day aged 93 . He never was more than seven miles from Nottingham, never drank a cup of tea in the course of his long life a

Sept 28 1818 from The date-book of remarkable and memorable events connected with Nottingham ... By John Frost Sutton . An event of the most appalling description of which the local records affo

In my working life I met many strange people. One house I visited had a room devoted to storing the occupants urine in flatop milk bottles. The rear ground floor room had bottles filled to the top,

Not quite as epic as a video recorder but the inventor of the Hornby Live Steam concept i.e. steam coming out the chimney of model electric trains was Nottinghams Richard Hallam .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/2872506/Hornby-builds-head-of-steam-with-inventors-loco.html

no not one of them but like my grapes cold never tried putting grapes in a mirowave but some interesting info there

There is a small but interesting article on a BBC page about Nottingham inventors which mentions, very briefly, the video recorder inventors.

Also on that page are -

HP Sauce - Spinny Jenny - Stocking Kniting Machine - GM Tomatoes - Shin Guards - Bike Gears - The Tank - Video Recorder - Walking Clothes Dryer - MR Scanner - Invisible Bra (anybody could invent one of those :tongue: )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nottingham/sense_of_place/facts/inventors.shtml

hp sauce invented by a chemist on park rd lenton sorry if the article tells you that but did not read it paintent sold later to hp in birmingham

Did yo know that the world's first electric clock has been seen by me and I was born in Nottingham.

and heres another along your lines trevor one my mum used to say

did you know your as old as your tongh and a bit older thanyour teeth or in some cases a lot older

Yes Babs, know that one well and will still use it in the right circumstances.

Did you know that a large group of flamingos is called a flamboyance