• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here's a shot from 1928ish showing the railway sweeping left passing below Brooklyn Road

Bulwell Common Station - bulwell c1969 looking towards broomhill road and st albans road junction in the distance

I am writing my memoires for my grandchildren and am currently reminiscing about my time spent at Henry Mellish. I was one of many Mellish boys on the School playing fields when the crash occurred. We

#40 bilbraborn

MY Dad was also there on that day and working as a Shunter,he must have known the 'Wilf' you mention, I also recall it i was on my way to school on Bestwood Estate.

Welcome to Nottstalgia, tassiebri...I look forward to sharing your memories.. hellothere

Incidentally, the wife and I have just returned from a weekend visit to Tassie. We are looking at retiring down there and are going down again within a couple of weeks to take a second look at a couple of places north of Launceston.

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, iandawson said:

#19 is a great picture,though I am struggling to place things.. Where is that arched bridge?..is the Newstead Abbey pub to the right??

Ian.

The bridge over the road just below the centre of the picture is Northern Bridge. The building just below it is Northern Baths. To the right of it is Basford North station (as it was called in my day).

• 1 year later...

Walking my daughters dog this morning, I noticed that the old Bulwell Common Station Masters house on St Albans Rd is up for sale again. Offers over £300,000. Definitely a unique opportunity here chaps. 

Can lay in bed and listen to imaginary Annesley Windcutters, the Fast Fish, the Manchester Sleeper !

9F's, B1's, V2's,K3's, O4's, wow, paradise....... Almost.