The 60s Houses(built 1958-59) are on Celia Drive Numbers 2-16 the odd numbers being Bungalows numbers 1,3 & 5 (backing on to Carlton Hill)

The land that the houses that Celia Drive were built on was at one time farm land & the were some cottages to the rear of the land they were sill there in 1966 but I don,t know if they are still there.

They land was owned by someone called "Mills"

My Grandparents lived at No1 Celia Drive from 1959(watched the 1959 cup final there)till about 1967.

Main street ran east from P.O. square & became Burton Road sometime in the 1950s all my maps of the area only show it as Burton(Joyce)Road.

I think probably not. Celia Drive doesn't get named in the 1920s, but you can see where it is, and the next housing is some way further down.

celia.jpg

Celia drive was built around 1958/9 by a builder called Mills

My Grandparents(fathers side) lived there from around 1959(watched the 1969 cup final there)

The houses further down were cottages, talking to my mother(83) the surrounding land was at one time a farm

OK thanks for the maps Cliff Ton and comments Bubblewrap .

I have large scale maps of most of Carlton/Gedling area, dates Early 1950s to late 1960s

House numbers, Public Houses & other features are all included on the maps.

But I don't have Gedling School.

• 3 years later...

Interesting topic from 3 years ago!  Main Street Carlton was renumbered.  759 Main Street (Roslyn Villas) where my Grandpa Underwood lived became 34 Burton Road.The numbers decreased as they went up Carlton Hill.  The Main Street Methodist Church on Carlton Hill was of course on Main Street when it was built.

• Upvote 1

Our family used to live at 114 Carlton hill,before that it was called main street,it was a row of four big old houses that stood back from the road up some steps.The houses have since been pulled down and replaced by flats.I have tried in vain to get a photo of these old houses.There were fields at the back,Carlton central school was built on there years later.

• Upvote 1