'Lambley, Lowdham and Woodborough'

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve always loved Woodborough, except when they get flooded.  A schoolfriend of mine grew up in the farmhouse at the bottom of Bank Hill and she moved back there many years ago when her parents had a bungalow built in the garden.  The garden of the property is beautiful but takes a tremendous lot of time and effort which is a credit to my friend. 

My parents used to go to the 4 Bells quite frequently, I remember back in the 60s and 70s they had an Easter Bonnet Parade.  In recent years it’s been a well-run pub and serves good food, the only drawback for us is the need to drive there.  If a suitable property had been available when we were moving back to Nottingham 14 years ago we would have seriously considered moving to the village.  Wouldn’t do it now though, we like having the convenience of public transport, hospitals a few minutes away plus all the amenities of town. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes, very good food, but getting more family orientated. Last went last summer midweek at 7.30, and the noise and chatter was horrendous !

In which case, try the Nag's Head down the bottom end of the village.

Simple, straightforward, food at a price comparable to Wetherspoons without the downsides of those establishments.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a pub in Kimberley called The Three Ponds. My father in law, who was originally from Jacksdale,and I went there once and had some bitter, which was so bad he took it back to the bar and asked the barman, " Which bloody pond did this come from then?".

• Like 2
  • 10 months later...

The Three Ponds pub is located in Nuthall  

Home farm at Nuthall at the side of the motorway and behind the Three Ponds was farmed by Jack Wayne and his son John i knew them well while growing up in the fifties and sixties.My father had a car repair garage behind Sarah Whites petrol station and haulage company where the motorway bridge is now00

• 2 years later...