Hi All,

Just came across this site and it seems very interesting.

I was born in Nottingham and went to Claremont Primary 1957-1963. Then onto Claremont Bilateral 1963-1968.

Finishing at Arnold and Carlton FE College 1968-1970.

Alot of happy memories particularly as a mod going to the Beachcomber and Brit clubs.

Went into retail and started my own business.

Regards

George

Welcome to the party George. From the school years you have mentioned, I suspect you will fit in well with a lot of other "baby-boomers" who all (me included) can still remember what Nottingham was like before the good burghers started to throw all the heritage away!

Welcome George . Relatively new here too , there are a few here , myself included , that went to Arnold and Carlton college too though maybe left as you were starting.

As an ex self employed retailer myself , though not in Notts , interested to hear any snippets as well .

Was also often at Beachcomber and boat clubs too

welcome George

although i am a rocker trough and through i liked all kinds of music and went to the boat and beachcomber a few times in the sixties. i went to digby ave colledge a bit befor you though. and have worked in a few shops in my timehave always lived in nottingham.

babs

Ayup George, good to have you aboard (nautical phrase), interested in hearing your memories................. :biggrin: