HI SUSY AND ALL SEEM THEM A COUPLE OF TIMES AT MFN,,CARNABY ROCKS WERE ON LAST SAT ANOTHER GOOD SIXTIES GROUP GREAT NIGHT WAS HAD BY ALL.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was on Facebook.   What happens to old Mods.

I remember seeing Bolt at R.O.T in 1961, was it him or some other biker who had barbed wire wrapped around his jacket? His outfit was known as Bolt's Coffin. Another guy called Johnny Dench had a com

No,no,no,no,no, oh ok then. Many years ago on a Nottingham Forest trip to Lyon . Lots of beer, then lots of Cotes Du Rhone, then a "bumpy" taxi ride to the ground shook me up so I fell into the arms

YES INDEED THEY WILL BE PLAYING IN THE WHITEHART LENTON ON 25TH OF FEBRUARY SO THATS ANOTHER

GOOD NIGHT COMMING UP .WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOME OF YOU DOWN THERE ON THAT NIGHT PERHAPS WE COULD MAKE IT THE NEXT MEET UP.

ALSO 11TH FEBRUARY FIRECRAKER VIDA WILL BE PLAYING ANOTHER GOOD BAND THEY WERE THERE ABOUT A MONTH AGO AND IT WAS A REALLY GOOD NIGHT.

BYE THE WAY ON THE SUJECT OF MODS AND ROCKERS THE SERIES TEEN SPIRITS WILL BE SCREENED AGAIN STARTING THIS THURSDAY NIGH WITH THE TEDDY BOYS AND I THINK EVERY WEEK GOING THROUGH THE FULL SERIES.

ON THE SAT4TH FEB AT THE PHEASANT IN RADFORD THERE WILL BE A JOINT MODS AND ROCKERS NIGHT PRICE £4 EACH ALL OLD MODS AND ROCKERS ARE WELCOME MAYBE SOME OF YOU MIGHT FANCY THAT. THIS IS A T A VENUE FREQUENTED IN THE PAST BY BOTH MODS AND ROCKERS AND IS BEING JOINTLY ORGANIZED SO I AM TOLD BY PEOPLE FROM BOTH GROUPS SO I AM HOPING THIS WILL BE ANOTHER GOOD NIGHT AND WE CAN ALL HAVE A NIGHT OF FUN TOGETHER WITHOUT ANY OF THE OLD FIGHTS.

WELL JUST HAD A SENIOR MOMENT THERE FORGOT TO PRESS POST AND LOST IT. SO HERE IGO AGAIN .

YES THATS MY BUSY SOCIAL LIFE AGAIN MICK.

ANOTHER THING THAT MAY INTEREST SOME OF YOU IF YOU LIKE LIVE THEATRE THE END OF FEBRUARY NOTTINGHAM PLAYHOUSE ARE DOING A PLAY CALLED FOREVER YOUNG BASED ON OLD PANTOMOME ARTISTS IN THE YEAR 2025 IN AN OLD PEOPLES HOME TALKING ABOUT THERE LIFE IN AND AROUND NOTTINGHAM IN THE SIXTIES WITH A SPRINKLING OF SIXTIES MUSIC IN FOR GOOD MEASURE .I WILL BE GOING 29TH FEB ,THIS WILL BE THE THIRD TIME I HAVE SEEN THIS PLAY AND I AM SURE I WILL STILL BE SPLITING MY SIDES WITH LAUGHTERAS EACH TIME ITS BEEN SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT. A BIT OF SWEARING AND A BIT NEAR THE KNUCKLE AT TIMES BUT AS LONG AS YOU GOT GOSH YOU WILL REALLY ENJOY IT.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi babs, how about these songs,always being played on the juke-box at 'Jacks cafe'-

Leader of the pack - Shangrilas

He's a rebel - the Crystals, was this song about the same time,or later? Terry - Twinkle,and the one and only,a hit from the pit,rocker out'a the locker,a blast from the past.

If there's one fing that I like.

it's a burn up on me bike,

a burn up wiv a bird up on me bike.

We meet the other ton up boys at Fred's place every night,

we just drop in to see the birds and somtimes have a bite.

We spend a couple of hours tuning our machines,

in our black leather jackets and oily greasy jeans

Nah' the M1 aint' much fun till ya' try and do a ton, a burn up wiv a bird up on me bike.

Haven't thought about that one in 50 years. Mike Sarne, must be 1962. Mick, it's either this site,or my medication,but look what's happening to me.Digging up the lyrics to a 50 year old song,what next? There you go babs,show piggy he'll get a kick out of it. Bryan

Hi mudgie, I love 60's music too, especially 'The Temptations' and lots of other Mo-town stuff.

Wasn't 'The Shangrilas' record just brilliant the way the girls shouted: "look out, look out!" and the revving of the motorbike in the background?

'He's A Rebel', brilliant too. And I well remember when Twinkle came on the scene.

And Mike Sarne - 'Come Outside' - wasn't that record just brilliant too?:

'Little doll we've been twistin' all night long, little doll,

little doll, got a feelin' something's wrong, little doll,

cos it ain't right we gotta keep on dancin'

must be some more time left for romancin'.

Come outside, come outside, there's a lovely moon out there'.

I conclude: there were absolutely loads of brilliant records around in the 60's, no wonder you're a fan!

Incidentally I googled Mike Sarne recently and if my memory serves me well he's a rabbi now. At one time Brigitte Bardot was very keen on the fella.

I've had another closer inspection and I have come to the conclusion that I'm still not sure.

HI jackson,yes we were part of the youth revolution and music was our 'weapon',clothes,attitude, almost a new world. I agree,'Mo-town,Hitsville USA',every one a winner.We came into the decade,with the music like Mike Sarne,and went out with 'Woodstock'.I put a new topic in the 60s.Highfields'.

Mike Sarne a rabbi,Cat Stevens a muslim,who next'?

Not forgetting Boy George in his "Jesus Loves You" alter ego, and of course "The Ministry of Sound"

Took great delight on another site informing all and sundry it wasn't Wendy Richards on "Come Outside", got quite heavy at at one point with one bloke saying come outside to me! of course I wouldn't wind you lot up thus,lol

Hi Fellas, yes it definately IS Wendy Richard/s and wasn't she gorgeous? Shame about the Mouth though - okay it's just for the record I know.

The record went straight to number 1 I'm sure and that was because it was such a breathe of fresh air amongst Pat Boone and Frank Ifield.

Hense the reason I called her "Cliffs sister"

Incidentally he (Mike Sarne) did have another hit along the same vein, I think it's called "Will I what ?" and the female vocalist on that one is Billy Davis (IMMSC and not the one who managed Florist)

beat me to it beffy, yep remember all them being played regularly at jack whitehart trudys ect, we moan at the dj if we dont get these on 60s nights down whitehart now, and low and behold them if they not played on our reunions and party nights, brings back all the memories to those of us who can still remember. they say if you can remember the sixties you wernt there,well i certainly was and i can remember it really well and i go back and do it all over again. heres a few more not to be forgotten 60s music

allright now

spirit in the sky concret and the clay gost riders in the sky come on lets have some of your favorite memories and music from the 60s.

mudgie what you were saying to jackson was allmost the same conversation big mick marriot piggy and i were having in the whitehart on thursday with som younger bikers. do you remember the pinballs at jacks used to get a packet of fags for the highest score every week, piggy won it most weeks and he did not even smoke sold them to those that did a bit cheaper but it took every one ages to figour out how he always managed to do it heused to put back legs on his toes to keep it going and not go down clocking up the scores and getting fee plays all the time.and what about robins did you go there can you remember rickerby building his bike in the flat upstairs and riding it down the stairs when it was done.