• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was on Facebook.   What happens to old Mods.

I remember seeing Bolt at R.O.T in 1961, was it him or some other biker who had barbed wire wrapped around his jacket? His outfit was known as Bolt's Coffin. Another guy called Johnny Dench had a com

No,no,no,no,no, oh ok then. Many years ago on a Nottingham Forest trip to Lyon . Lots of beer, then lots of Cotes Du Rhone, then a "bumpy" taxi ride to the ground shook me up so I fell into the arms

First to come to my mind too Stan

or Maybe 'G1 RLS'?

Knew it was on but didn't go, far too old to be having punch ups these days! :sleeping:

I think they have a beer tent as well?

Loads of greasers & nottingham aces on wollo yesterday for the autokarma i did look out for you babs.

02-06-13018_zpsc6dd1ba2.jpg

did not go but thats woofer and bob cooper . were never told coz some of them dont like cars going on trips out with them spoils there st cred.

• 4 months later...

I'll add my three pen'th to the Aces boys memories. It took 45 years before I got my bike licence, but I loved those old machines that turned up at Santa Fe youth club. I'm going back to '63 or thereabouts.

I suppose Kingstons was the place to shop near Broad Marsh.

I remember a little guy called Kenny who rode a 500cc Gold Star but in a short space of time he swapped to a road going Manx Norton racer. I still remember him rocking side to side to get his toes down cos the bike was too big for him, but what a great noise.

I also remember 'Pete' who took me on the back of his 1000cc Vincent Rapide just once but never forgot that experience.

And two brothers, Andy and (?) from Kirke White Street. Andy rode a Triton while his brother had a Bonneville - i think pale blue tanks were 1961 ish, with a front wheel enveloping Dustbin fairing.

And of course Thunderbirds, Gold Flashes, A7's, Dominators, Tiger 100s, Speed twins by the dozen.

I bumped into Andy about 7 - 8 years ago on a building site in Clifton and we had a few happy moments reminiscing.

Until you passed your test, there was a brisk trade in ex GPO Bantams and the next step up was a BSA C15 250cc.

The challenge in those days was to do the 'ton' along the University Boulevard - there was a coffee bar in Beeston High Street, and the other challenge was to take the Wilford Hill corner flat out,sometimes going up, and sometimes going down. the original road is inset, so a bit tighter on the curve than the road we see today.

I don't seem to recall any major accidents - there must have been, but we lived in optimistic times looking to the future.

Stay Cool.

Knew Kenny, thought his Gold Star was a 350? had at one time a red f/g tank, in 1964 he worked at Bairns Wear in Basford, was only talking about him a week ago at the Hart to 2 old friends Pat and Barbara, (not the Babs who comes on here) (Evening Babs,)

hi bryan c. as mick said i am always on here sooner or later only did the santafe a couple of times but from about 63 onwards i was a rocker . do you mean robins cafe queens rd or jacks cafe on villias st just of the hi rd. thenof course there was the sheds dovecot lane beeston. so a lot of rockers came from beeston chilwell long eaton area but also from all over nottingham and just over the derbyshire border from 19 64 onwards many started to drift towards the whitehart lenton this carried on till the late 70s early 80s the past 6 to eight years a lot of us have drifted back to the white hart for bikers night on a thursday we have a bar at the backthat has lots of old photoes and memrobilla up around the walls and anyone is wellcome to come and have a look soif you got time come along one night and see for yourselfyou may recognize a few faces or bikes you know.

Wow - those are quick replies, This is a lively forum.

No, I was a little squit in those days, not really close in the circles we are talking about, and we are talking 50 years ago. My memory cells have seen too many beef burgers to be sure about the Goldie but the Manx made an impression on me.

B.

I think Andy's brother's name was Gordon, he worked at Ransome & Marles in Newark and had a 1961 or '62 Powder blue Bonneville. Kenny's Goldie was a DBD32 350cc. Pete Trueman had the 'export' Vincent Rapide. Goldie's and Bonnevilles were the most popular bikes among the Aces.

• Upvote 1

ayeup Graham, how's things? thought you'd know the answers, heres another one for you, do you remember a guy nicknamed Bunny? can recall the name and almost picture him! this would be around 1967 at the hart, Nearly did a deal the other week involving my 650 suzuki for a 250 AJS csr, nice restored bike but in the end it came to nothing, would have done me for what I want a bike for these days.

To save me scouring this lot, is there any member out there who was a rocker at the church youth club at the Wollaton end of Woodyard Lane.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Went to see The Modest again last week. Such a good band

Hi Susyshoes I have seen them twice in the last couple of months....... Quite recently at Catchems Corner and before that at The Bell in town.

They are a brilliant group and have a good following.

• Upvote 1

thay are a great group we have had them at the whiteheart quite a few times yes we know they a mod band but what a lot of people seem to forget is that we used to dance to a lot of the same music in the 60s just a different style of dancing

• Upvote 1

yes they were playing in decembercarnt remember the date though just know it was near our wedding aniversarydec 30th

yes they were playing in decembercarnt remember the date though just know it was near our wedding aniversarydec 30th

Susyshoes will give you the exact date in December Babs !!

we girls were always very light on out feet for dancing mudgie jiving requires a lot of foot workand we wernt all doped out of our heads like the mods

• Upvote 1