• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was on Facebook.   What happens to old Mods.

I remember seeing Bolt at R.O.T in 1961, was it him or some other biker who had barbed wire wrapped around his jacket? His outfit was known as Bolt's Coffin. Another guy called Johnny Dench had a com

No,no,no,no,no, oh ok then. Many years ago on a Nottingham Forest trip to Lyon . Lots of beer, then lots of Cotes Du Rhone, then a "bumpy" taxi ride to the ground shook me up so I fell into the arms

great reading all these memories.I have been mod all my life.Originaly from clifton.Went down all the clubs that are mentioned,dungeon,beachcomber,room at the top on glasshouse street (white hart) santa fe in the meadows,the boat/union and the brit.Still run a sixties night at the brit every couple of month's.Have the 'union gap' on in febuary and 'the formost' in june.Still ride a lambretta for my sin's.Still mix with a lot of old orignals.Good to hear all the old stories.My name is Al Jukes if anyone out there remembers me.

Hi Al and welcome to Nottstalgia. I went to all the clubs you mentioned except the Santa Fe. If you are from Clifton you would remember Eric Lambert " Little Eric " baby face who all the girls liked to mother.

I can't remember you from then but I do know you from Saturday nights from The Dog And Partridge and also The Broad Oak in Strelley Village.

• Upvote 1

Hello dave,you will have to come over next time your in the dog.If its the eric lambert i am thinking of he was in flemming house at fairham.I do now him very well he was a good mate when we were kids,went through primary (highbank) and fairham together.He originaly lived at the top of gardendale on clifton then moved to silverdale.

• Upvote 1

Hi nalasekuj and welcome,

I remember Eric Lambert from the Dungeon Club, very popular guy and always well turned out. Part of the 'in crowd' at the time. Did he have a brother called Steve who was a window cleaner? Could be wrong.

Eric still owes me for a pair of Levi jeans l bought off him.

Do you remember another Clifton lad John Wood? He was a regular in the Dog and Partridge and the Fountain.

Who was the old guy in the dinner jacket and bow tie who use to hang around the Poultry, Flying Horse area handing out free tickets for the Ad-Lib?

yeah Robbie, Eric had a younger brother called steve and there was another even younger sibling but i cannot remember wether it was a boy or girl.Not seen eric for many years now and have no idea of his where abouts or health.Just remembering from a earlier thread that the club on glasshouse street above the white hart was known to us as 'the room at the top'

Hi nalasekuj, I remember the White Hart, the long room. Dj one end and opposite end the bar. Remember drinking bottles of Nut Brown, yuk. My mate and l stopped going when l got a good hiding from one of the regulars for chatting up his ex girlfriend, who l recall lived on Cliffe Road.

Didn't the place close down for a while after a gang of Skinheads turned the place over?

Never was a skinhead myself, never been aggressive but not through choice could pass for one today.

• Upvote 2

yeah Robbie, Eric had a younger brother called steve and there was another even younger sibling but i cannot remember wether it was a boy or girl.Not seen eric for many years now and have no idea of his where abouts or health.Just remembering from a earlier thread that the club on glasshouse street above the white hart was known to us as 'the room at the top'

Hi Al if I remember Steve Lambert had red/ginger hair and I think he went into the Navy. I vaguely remember seeing him in town in his uniform when he was home on leave.

Regarding Eric I think he now resides in Beeston as mentioned in another thread re Dungeon Club.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anybody remember the big guy who was a bit unsteady on his pins that just wondered around the city? I think it would have been in the 80/90's.

He wore denims, his jacket had Hells Angels on the back. He had long unkempt hair and l think he wore a sweat band across on his head. I never saw him in any pubs just walking often muttering to himself.

I have no particular reason for asking but he was a regular in the city and I have not spotted him for years.

I KNEW him,sounds like the same bloke who in the early 90s used to live at the top of Alfreton rd and went in a mate of mines shop early every morning for his Fags,was he like 6ft 8in Robbie?

Hi benjamin, I am not sure about his height but he was tall, well over six foot. My mate told me once it took three coppers to arrest him because of his size.

I PM you to ask if you knew Johnnie Carrington the ex boxer, did you get it?

That would be him Robbie,......my mate with the shop always let him in about 7'45 am but did'nt really open until 8am,anyway my mate went on holiday and his brother took over the shop for him,and did'nt know about the early bit,the chap we on about turned up and started banging on the door but the brother would'nt open up (he dint know him from adam)

He started banging harder and shouting and swearing,it frightened him to death,in panic he rang for Police assistance,telling them 'come quick theres a f,,,,,g giant trying to break in...........so funny after the Police had been,he was arrested and de arrested,the big bloke came in the shop and apologised while i was there...............one minute he was ok the next he would fly off,but no real harm in him..............just a bit Barmy...lol

you type in johnny carrington on here rob and youll find theres a fair bit on him.I did'nt know him but knew some of his relatives.and no dint get a PM.

• Upvote 1

he lived in balloon woods flats for a while never was a real hells angel just ust to think he wasi was told he once got done over by the east mids angels many of whoom lived in ilkeston and had his colors taken of him.

just been reading all the threads about mods and rockers/ greasers.dungeon club,the Brit, beachcomber,nightowl.king mojo.not much mentioned about the soul nights at Ilkeston Co.op.been offline for a few years. i used to go to all these places you've talked about with my best mate Stu Morris who i've just spent this afternoon talking about old times.my name is jan

hi jan we rockers also had nights at lkeston coop premier rooms some big baz price and big mick marriott worked the doors as bouncers a lot of firms used to have there party night there too good nights good music

Welcome back Jan.

I know you have suffered some health problems and hope you are making good progress.

Nice to see you back and reading these topics, and great to hear from you.

Hope Sue is OK. I am in touch with Steph but not had the time to go and see Dusty recently.

If you are able to make it there is a site meet up tonight at the Roebuck, St James St.

hi mick.i think we all at that age were we all have health problems.But like my fav record. KEEP ON KEEPING ON. By the way a lot of the Dungeon lads met up the last friday of the month in the the bell ..slab square and i shall be there this time because the 30th is also my 65 th birthday.so i'll be having a few shandies

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry missed Thursday had to go to hospital to have my peg,( Feed tube) removed..still made Friday. met Alan Askey, John Hunt, Joe Rollo, Jag , Mondo,. Lol Davies,. Sexy Sam,.Baby brother Joe,.Jamie and Helen,. Jock., Pete Belshaw,. Chris Butler .Baz Mick cotes,.and we had a few shandies.My mate Stu Morris didn't make it because of the snow at Mansfield. :jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping: NOW I'VE JOINED THE ELITE CLUB OF 65

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome back Jan.

I know you have suffered some health problems and hope you are making good progress.

Nice to see you back and reading these topics, and great to hear from you.

Hope Sue is OK. I am in touch with Steph but not had the time to go and see Dusty recently.

If you are able to make it there is a site meet up tonight at the Roebuck, St James St.

hi mick.hope you are well. let me know when the next site meeting is taking place.hopefully i can make it...if not next soul do at Polish Eagle club on 18th april.do you want a ticket saving :jumping: :jumping:

• 2 months later...