Triumph built two scooters - the Tina and the Tigress. It was the Tigress that had the 250cc twin engine - they were kinda ugly though...

Tigress.jpg

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was on Facebook.   What happens to old Mods.

I remember seeing Bolt at R.O.T in 1961, was it him or some other biker who had barbed wire wrapped around his jacket? His outfit was known as Bolt's Coffin. Another guy called Johnny Dench had a com

No,no,no,no,no, oh ok then. Many years ago on a Nottingham Forest trip to Lyon . Lots of beer, then lots of Cotes Du Rhone, then a "bumpy" taxi ride to the ground shook me up so I fell into the arms

Triumph built two scooters - the Tina and the Tigress. It was the Tigress that had the 250cc twin engine - they were kinda ugly though...

Is that picture the Tina then eric ? I seem to recall the 250 being bigger than that,,,,

oooo,,,, reminds me. The Tina was an Automatic,,,,,, pop it in gear & wind the throttle & away you go.

We were visiting friend in Mansfield who's Son had one. The nipple had come off the throttle cable. My mag-nanny-mouse dad said that he's fix it. He cut the end of the cable nice & neat & put another nipple on. The lad was dead chuffed,,,, sat astride his bike & started it up,,,,, only to shoot off down the path & smack into the gate,,,,, !!!!! Cos half inch had been taken off the cable, meant that the throttle was already open when he started up,,,, oh how we laughed !?!?

Baz

Remember an old mate of mine (Dave Woodward) from Sherwood had one around 1971. Made it to Cryde Bay, Devon and back.

I know Dave well although I've not seen him since he left Nottingham a few years ago.

re the tina and tigress. the tina had a switch under seat that prevented engine from being revved unless sitting on it! though lots disconnected it, the tigress was same as bsa scooter though the latter had 175cc 2 stroke engine (or vice versa) And as for "60's scooters that would do a ton in standard trim" where was that? off castle rock? or beachy head? a case of wishful thinking or tuned speedo! bit like fizzers doing 60mph

I had a fizzer (FS1E) that did 57 with me on it (I ain't no tiddler) so I would say it was possible to do 60 on one.

was that 57 via radar or a speedo reading? Admittedly it was a tongue in cheek comical show but James May could only get true 47mph out of a fizzer after expansion box fitted, that said unless carb jetted to suit fitting such wouldn't do much, ditto "hotter plug" bucket seat, dropped bars and other junk

But remember that James Mays' was a good few years old and they tend to leak Horse power after a while.

But remember that James Mays' was a good few years old and they tend to leak Horse power after a while.

Ah used to wonder why some were covered in red stag! (for the benefit of the uneducated (quote from Battle of Britain evil stuff but sealed gasket faces well also if you sniffed it quite a high leading to visions of grandeur like 100mph vespa's etc)

• 1 month later...