• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope this works - my first YouTube insert. Those of you who like to hear an acoustic guitar played in a foot-tapping manner will like this. It is called Guitar Shuffle, played by Big Bill Broonzy.

My all time favourite. No one, and I mean NO ONE cones remotely close to his ability to grip an audience. Also a true gentleman, a rarity in the music business. Sat, 14th June, 19 years since his sa

'I Believe' released in 1952 by Elmore James.

Gary Moore with a beautiful song, 'Still Got The Blues' from the Hammersmith Odeon in 1990.

Gary Moore died in 2011 from a heart attack brought on by excessive drinking. No traces of drugs

were found in his body. I thought he was one of the greatest British blues artists.

• Upvote 2

Many people forget the blues when the sun shines.

"Please Send Me Someone To Love" - "I've Got News For You" - Ray Charles.........and try this one out - "Train Kept A Rolling" Bull Moose Jackson, and "Train Kept A Rolling" by Imelda May..........for the elders on this site, I offer - "If I Didn't Care" The Ink Spots.......does anyone remember this song by the Ohio Express? "Down At Lulu's" - buble-gum at its best.....or Tommy Roe - "Jam Up Jelly Tight" ......ok "Young Man Blues".

Out of the black and into the blues!

Hello Bubblewrap.....I had the original SJH record album at one time....and other than I Put A Spell On You....nothing else stood out at all.

That one song made it for him, and the covers were all good from what I've heard over the years. I'd like to turn you on to what I consider to be a great album...on CD and worth the price. Leslie West "Alligator"...he does a verson of I Put A Spell On You....what ya got in the bag lady (not) like itch but with a B. I never got tired of that album, very rare these days. I met Corky and Leslie a few years ago - great guy - and even shook his hand while he was on stage. The next morning we found ourselves riding on the same train together.

Do you mean Leslie West lead guitar Mountain my favourite track of theirs is Nantucket Sleighride (live version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rQqQYL3l_b4

John Mayall with Peter Green perform Picture on the Wall. Recorded during a special studio session 5 December 1967, after Peter Green had left to form Fleetwood Mac. John Mayall has said this was his very favourite recording with Peter Green, and I hope that you enjoy it too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Bubblewrap - yes, the one and only Leslie West - my favorite since 1969....his solo Mountain album - now on CD.

Blind Man - Blood Of The Sun - Long Red - Because You Are My Friend......Wheels On Fire.....

• 2 weeks later...

Wish they had remained together they were one of the most talented bands ever. Seen them loads of times pre Kirwan and post Kirwan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will be listening to some blues/folk or is it folk/blues tonight at the Revival bar in Lincoln, Karl Svarc trio, Karl is from Nottingham but now lives in Lincoln

Rog

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Not heard this before. Always liked the Stones doing blues. I still think their first two albums were their best, even though they contained covers.

Fav tracks are Love in Vain, You better move on, Pain in my Heart and the brilliant Stray Cat Blues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sSVW43FQgS0

01. Fancy Man Blues
02. Can't Be Satified
03. Brand New Car
04. Jump On Top Of Me
05. Honest I Do
06. The Spider And The Fly
07. Honest Man
08. Still A Fool ( Hubert Sumlin And Keith Richards )
09. When You're Gone
10. Back Of My Hand
11. Keep Up Blues ( skipped was not allowed to use ) 5 min silence
12. So Young ( Piano Version )
13. Wish I'd Never Met You
14. Well, Well
15. The Storm
16. Cook Cook Blues
17. I'm Gonna Drive
18. Little Baby ( skipped, was not allowed to use) 4 min. silence
19. Mean Disposition
20. Extreme Western Grip
21. Little Red Rooster ( keith Richards And James Cotton )
22. Spoonful ( keith Richards And Eric Clapton )

I agree with the four you chose, basfordred, great recordings. I found this on the Internet that you may like.

Be aware of the titles at 11 and 18. I've not played it yet but it looks good. I found it when I was looking for #45.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Saw these several times ......fantastic