Best View Points of Nottingham City

Hi

After enjoying the views from Green's Mill many a time , I was wondering about other good view points of the city , would be nice to hear from other people on their favourite viewing spots.

Kind Regards

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The former John Player Bonded Warehouses seen from Wilford Hill.

Personally, I reckon the best view of the city is from Porchester Road.

There's a good panoramic view from the car park of the Apple Tree pub on Landmere Lane in Wilford. It's always much clearer when you first park but gets a bit blurred by the time you come out.

The Belle View reservoir between Mapperley Road and Woodborough Road used to be very good - and not well known, but I haven't been up there for many years now.

The best approach is from the very top of Huntingdon Street - there is a path up the hill at right angles to the road.

I like one or two views of the Old Market Square from surrounding buildings such as the upstairs bar in The Bell Inn and the upper restaurant in Debenhams.

As you'd expect, there's a fantastic view from up above in Nottingham Trent University's Newton Building.

The Nottingham Eye was pretty good for a panoramic view of the City, check it out, the next time it comes around, if you haven't already done so.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the view from dorket head at the top of calverton road you can see for miles the one thing that sticks in my mind as a youngster was the red neon sign above the Metropole cinema at the top of Mansfield road in sherwood

• 1 year later...

Bump

The Belle View reservoir between Mapperley Road and Woodborough Road used to be very good - and not well known, but I haven't been up there for many years now.

The best approach is from the very top of Huntingdon Street - there is a path up the hill at right angles to the road.

I have been trying to get this direction into my mind and I can imagine the top of Huntingdon Street, Elm Ave and Mansfield Road. Where would the path that is mentioned be located! I don't recall seeing a path, only perhaps Elm Ave. Next visit to Nottingham, I would like to go and look at the view that notty ash writes about. Have any Nottstalgians any idea where the path is! Any help would be appreciated with thanks.

Where is Malin Hill ?

It is 48 years since I left Nottingham and I am sad to say, I left my memory of a lot of places and road names as well. With the help on Nottstalgia, a lot of places are slowly coming back to me. Thank You every one. :)

How about from the top of Malin Hill

Before the coming of concrete and bricks Malin Hill MUST have been the best viewpoint seeing as this is the spot chosen to settle by the Saxons and probably earlier people to oversee the Trent Valley. An easy place to fortify on top of the sandstone cliffs.

Thank you notty ash for putting me straight about Elm Ave in #20. I hoped it was there. I haven't walked up that way for many years. I knew there was a resevoir up that way somewhere, as I have enquired about it in the past.

Thank you to every one for your help.

• 3 months later...

Bump

I read that The"Wheel of Nottingham" is back today after a four year break. I would really like to have a go but I am a real Scaredy Cat when it comes to heights. Have any of you taken the plunge and had a go on the "Wheel" I think the closest I will get is to read about your experiences. So let me know what you think, and you never know the next time I am in Nottingham, I might, only might, change my mind, and have a go!

I have just been priceing the twelve minute Wheel experience up and at £6 a go, i'm not sure what I think. OK for us, but a bit different if you have about four children to pay for. A very quickly spent £36. It is expected to bring in a lot of "Day trippers" . Estimating that they will spend approximately £50 each on Food and Shopping throughout the day! Good for the Nottingham Tourist Trade.