Best View Points of Nottingham City

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The former John Player Bonded Warehouses seen from Wilford Hill.

Personally, I reckon the best view of the city is from Porchester Road.

There's a good panoramic view from the car park of the Apple Tree pub on Landmere Lane in Wilford. It's always much clearer when you first park but gets a bit blurred by the time you come out.

I were only making a guess from Lizzie's earlier post 20 hours, which I  assumed meant it was a great view from wilford crematorium. I was obviously looking in the wrong direction. (Still don't beat my living room view. :rolleyes:)

I can't remember what lots of buildings in that area look like, so I bow to all you Nottingham based people's  superior knowledge.

I don't think it's the city hospital, as I remember, the chimney at the city hospital doesn't have a white smoke band. And it's not as tall as the one in the picture, but the view could be deceptive.

On 10/22/2014 at 12:39 AM, Rob.L said:

Personally, I reckon the best view of the city is from Porchester Road.

The ‘wallpaper’ on my iPad and laptops is a view taken from Porchester Road looking over the city with a beautiful red sky at the far distance. Taken by my son a few weeks ago I love it. I don’t use any photo hosting sites so can’t share it but take my word for it, as a view of the City it is lovely.

Gotta admit,  I didn't expect a debate on the subject. It were just a basic query of Catfans picture. Not knowing where the worthy CF lives, I couldn't hazard a guess.

2 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Not knowing where the worthy CF lives

From what I can work out, it's not far from 'Wetherspoons'!! Ben will be able to tell you better.

Don't want to know where CF lives, just where the picture was taken from. Begining to wish I never asked.

I once took a night shot from up Porchester road, looking over a the lights of Nottingham. I thought it were bloody good. That must have been late 70s.

Taken from Woodthorpe flats, you can see Elmswood gardens and the gable end of St Martins church. In the distance you can see 'Bendigos ring' at Bestwood. If you zoom in close you can see City Hospital and nurse Rached at the second window on the right.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, denshaw said:

nurse Rached at the second window on the right.

You sure? I thought she had curly hair..

1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

Here's another. No prizes for the location; the foreground gives it away.

I3KbagH.jpg

Looks a bit on the quite side, dead centre of Nottingham. Or maybe just a little out side of Nottingham.

Don't think it's that one Stuart, it's  not far enough away and it's more square.

I haven't a clue where CTs pic is taken.

Think Wilford Hill

It's the best park in Nottingham... but then I'm biased as I was taken there most days in my pram, often played in the dell and on  the swings etc when I was a bit bigger and had a great group of friends from Mapperley , Woodthorpe and Sherwood when I was a teenager.... we used to meet on Summer evenings in the park .... after I'd done my homework, as I was a good girl!  

One  day, our ashes will be taken there, but not too soon I hope.  Lol

• Like 1