Knocking on doors & running away.

That's a good idea (the pencils) I must try that some time..........I have a bus pass all I need is an old beret (can get an old army cap badge off the market) ;)

• Upvote 2

That's a good idea (the pencils) I must try that some time..........I have a bus pass all I need is an old beret (can get an old army cap badge off the market) ;)

While you are at it I can give you another one to try .

I was idly standing behind my till ( when we had the shop) and a regular customer came up to me and said " don't know what he's doing but theres a chap at the back of the shop looking under your fixtures".

Thinking it was someone from the Health and Safety, I rushed round to find a scroaty bloke laid flat on the floor with his head under the the bottom shelf , a torch in one hand and a ruler in the other . The ruler was to flick lost coins out from under the fixtures.

Its amazing how many coins you find under shop fixtures . He wouldnt admit it and handed me some old dusty stock that had probably fallen under there years before.

He went in every shop on the high street doing the same thing and is probably now living a life of luxury in warmer climates .

I once dropped a 10p coin in the pub & it rolled under the bench seat.......................I went to retrieve it & came up with about a quid in bits.(cleaners? can't get the staff these days ;))

I worked (joke shop placement) for a short time in a place that recycled furniture, & each time we had a sofa come in I would look behind/under the cushions: surprising how much I "found" :)

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Remember being chased after knock-a-door run up an entry on Glapton road where the end wall had some bricks missing off the top, I knew I could top it & get away. Unfortunately they'd rebuilt the flipping wall & I was trapped, GULP. I was marched off to Mam to have another good hiding.. :)

We used to go sprit tapping. It usually resulted with a heavy tapping on my backside by my mum.

I remember we used to give someone the phone number for Sherwood Zoo. They didn't know it was a zoo. We used to ask them to ring the number and ask for Mr Lyon.

The trick was, never get caught, that's why we used sewing thread, we could hide a few yards down the street....LOL

Just to add to my last post, we only picked houses with those nice heavy door knockers..

• 4 years later...

If you look at the photo somewhere on here of commercial square, st Ann's, you will see a phone box. Behind it, you can't see, was a telephone junction box that was handy for tying the washing line that I had borrowed to. While just standing innocently by the box,folks would go and make a call, while they were busy talking, i would go round and round the phone box, securing the door. Then scarper to a safe distance and watch them try to get out. Got recognized once and ended up with a sore backside from my dad.

• Like 1