Hi everyone

As you can guess I'm new to this site as you can probably tell. I was born and bred in Arnold in 1966 and have seen a lot of change in the last 40 odd years.

I have lots of photos and memories to share so bear with me whilst I get my bearings

Paul

Hello,

I am Paul's Dad and I live on Vancouver Island British Columbia Canada. I lived in Arnold for 27 years till I moved to Canada in 1988 for my wife's health.

I too have pictures of Canada and memories of Arnold I will share as I find time eventually,

Cheers,

David.

• Upvote 1

Welcome FCH and cedarboy, we look forward to hearing from you.

Its nice to see family members on here.

the account fch782c was very nearly deleted by myself when it appeared on the new members list.

Only after checking more closely could I see that it was apparently genuine. Its a good job you dont live in China, Russia or Eastern Europe.

Hundreds of Spambots register here every week, many of them using random series of numbers and letters.

A warm welcome Paul and David. Nice to see more faces from the Arnold area.

My ex lived on Vancouver Island at one time. Sadly never got there myself (though I am partial to a bit of Nanaimo bar!) Been to Vancouver many times though.

• Upvote 1

Hi micktome

How did you work out that fch782c was a Morris Minor? You were spot on it was a 1965 Almond green 2 door model with rotten rear spring hangers and front trunion joints held together with copious ammounts of grease

• Upvote 1

Hi micktome

How did you work out that fch782c was a Morris Minor? You were spot on it was a 1965 Almond green 2 door model with rotten rear spring hangers and front trunion joints held together with copious ammounts of grease

Oi fch782c, yer tax is overdue:

Date of Liability 01 07 1985

Date of First Registration 05 04 1965

Year of Manufacture Not Available

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1098cc

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type PETROL

Export Marker N

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour GREEN

Vehicle Type Approval Not Available

Above is courtesy of DVLA website.............................or is it!! .....................what Mick2me doesn't know, Littlebro' does.....................be afraid, be very afraid.......... :Vampire:

• Upvote 1

Welcome to Nottstalgia, cedarboy and fch782c. I look forward to reading your posts and sharing your memories. A couple of nights ago my wife and I were discussing our trip to Hyde Park to see the Rolling Stones concert. She mentioned our car at the time and I remembered that it had the number 783 in the registration. It wasn't the same make as yours, though (#9)...lol

• Upvote 1

I can remember driving down to London in 1969 to see the Stones play live in Hyde Park after Brian Jones had died. The radio was constantly playing 'Honkey Tonk Women' as we drove down the M1 and the DJ was giving regular updates as to the size of the crowd. I think it reached about 250,000 in the end. A fantastic day and one I'll never forget.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Good Evening.

As many of you are probably aware, FCH 782C - was my late brother Paul Stimpson. He sadly departed this life almost two years ago, yet the memories of the 'Terror Rides' in his Morris Minor remain indelibly etched on my grey matter. Every journey in that old car was fraught with danger, either with Paul's carefree driving style, or the very real possibility of having to use my shoe leather to stop the car - as the floor pans had almost totally rotted out. Paul enjoyed terrorizing the locale at 35mph (or less) until the car finally breathed it's last.

• Upvote 2