Sign in to follow this  

Thatcher is dead

No details yet, but she's dead !!

• Upvote 1

Hatred is such a negative emotion, and the thing I really despised about Thatcher is that she made me hate.

I hated her and everything she stood for.

I hated her for all death and suffering she caused through her heartlessness. She was truly the epitome of evil.

I take comfort that if there is a hell, she will suffer for all eternity, and that is no more than the bitch deserves.

• Upvote 1

One funeral I will not be going to!

• Upvote 1

Margaret Thatcher,

Its a shame that none of the spineless, lying, fiddling mainstream politicians of today have the same guts or resolve.

Just a shame how she used them.

I will mourn her passing, as a human being..

• Upvote 2

Thanks Ace,you said it all,I dread to think the UK will spend any of the tax-payers money on a fancy funeral.

I know I lost a couple of jobs thanks to her bloody mindedness.

I also lost a good mate in the Falklands too, but for some reason I'm proud of her for that little chapter, as she showed great guts to defend that little piece of 'oil rich' land in the South Atlantic!

I'm sorry Mick, but describing Thatcher as a human being stretches the definition of humanity somewhat.

She had no hunanity. She destroyed communities, and delighted in attacking the working class.

Even Harold Macmillan critised her for calling the miners 'the enemy within' recalling the Durham Light Infantry in the 1st War.

Anyway must close now as the English ex pats up here are arranging a celebration party in Lerwick tonight, What a night it is going to be, I've been waiting for this day for ages The bitch is dead, the bitch is dead.

THE BITCH IS DEAD.

YIPEE.

• Upvote 1

A great woman, sorted out the idle buggers, allowed me to buy my first house.

Will be saddly missed by the working class she helped to drag out of poverty

Colin

• Upvote 2

Just got back from the gym where I watch the news as I'm exercising. They put close-captioning on the screen even though I turn up the volume! It said Margaret Thatcher died today, of publications from a stroke. I just love the CC, it must be voice activated but gets so many words wrong, it's funny. 2nd time round with the story, it was complications of a short.

Well said Oldbasfordlad.

Oldace, you are a vindictive *********

• Upvote 1

If only todays politicians had a tenth of her guts and pride in this great country of ours it would be a much better and safer place to live

RIP Margaret,

a great woman and a great politician

Rog

• Upvote 2

Rip Margaret Thatcher, the greatest PM in my lifetime

• Upvote 2

I was shopping in Wilkos today and I was thinking that I was notified yesterday of being notified of deaths of Two Work Colleagues.

(RIP Neil and Pete). and I was thinking these things come in threes?

Got back to the car and heard it on the news. Thank god it was not another mate :)

Two Thatcher topics merged

A lot of people like me, may have cause not to like her, but she was a history maker..

The best Prime minister Britain had in the 20th century, was Harold Wilson,it was he who dragged the 'working class, out of poverty.

Thatcher was the one who 'overseered' mass unemployment,a vindictive, confrontational,and uncaring woman.

What ever your politics are,read up on the history of the UK under 'Thatchers doctrine'.It was her own cabinet that threw her out of office,because of her radical right wing agenda, against the 'working class'.

She would have sold Britain to the highest bidder. Do you remember how many times she was called to 'Buck house' to get a b--------g from Liz' and Phil'?.

• Upvote 1

She is having a state funeral! by way of our taxes. She was a very strong woman who was a Bully surrounded by weak self interested men(politicians) sorry not men because they had no backbone to stand up to her.

She was loved by her family but that's the only people who genuinely did, the rest have now come out the woodwork and jumped on the bandwagon to grieve, more hypocrisy.

I feel truly sorry for the thousands of miners families who were wronged and mistreated at her orders.

She killed Britain and made it the sick place it is today, British gas, British Steel, millions on the dole.

A perfect example of "Mans inhumanity to Man"

ps. I don't wish anyone dead, but a matter of timing should have happened before she destroyed OUR country.

• Upvote 1

Well said Oldbasfordlad.

Oldace, you are a vindictive *********

I'll second that!!

Like or loath her, Mrs Thatcher had the courage of her convictions, many PM's of our time and before had some decisions to make 'for the greater good', the Falklands being one of them, everyone mourned the loss of life (on both sides) but it took resolve in the face of much criticism to make the 'tough calls' she made.

Imagine our country today, if we'd remained in the grip of militant unions.........................

Maggie never 'deserted' her country either, in my humble opinion only persons who are entitled to vote here should voice opinions on our politicians, good or bad................ :)

What does that mean?

Maggie never 'deserted' her country either, in my humble opinion only persons who are entitled to vote here should voice opinions on our politicians, good or bad................ :)

So according to you I have no right to comment on the british politicians,

I do not agree with you, but it is your opinion, so I respect it ...................

Talk about selective memory!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maggie was elected after the 'winter of discontent'. The country was on its knees, the unions were taking tea and biscuits in number 10, the streets were full of rubbish, the dead unburied and rampant inflation. Callaghan was a disaster for this country.

And if you really want to know who killed the mining industry look no futher the Scargill and his ilk.

Colin