Missing 'Like this' (post) button

I can get to that point Michael but it is the little red alert at the top of the page that has disappeared and also the likes that were kindly given to me on the 15th have not registered on my Likes list. The one that you directed me to?As far as I know it is any Likes just from the 15th I only noticed, when I went back to my Wedding post and saw people had liked it, and I had a look to see who? Sorry to be a pest. :)

PS Have you had a red alert for the Like I gave you on post #26?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

re #44. Are any of the Nottstalgia hexperts trying to fathom out what is going wrong and trying to put it right?

Yesterday, In the topic about Weddings. I noticed I had received some likes from people. But I haven't had notification, (the little red light that usually appears) or the likes for the 15th Sept regi

I don't get this notification either. I can use the 'like this' button though. The only notification I get if someone has 'liked' one of my posts is an email.

Thank you, I will work on that one then lol :ninja:

When we log in, on the top right corner, There is an envelope to show you have a Pm. Next to that another little icon for Notifications. Both of them usually light up red if some one sends a PM or Like. If you have never seen this red alert, perhaps you never ticked the little box in the beginning to have this option? I have always had this option, but also what has happened to my Likes from the 15th. Strange!

Just had a Thought. I have never deleted any likes from my List. Does any one know if there is a limit to how many the list can take. Perhaps it has just reached capacity !

• Upvote 1

Carni, I have had the same problem for the past two months. The last 'like' showing on my list is from you on 11th July and I've had lots since then, lucky aren't I ?!!! I can see them by doing what Cliff Ton suggested but don't know why the little thingy doesn't show up red. The envelope icon goes red when I have a PM though. Summat's up we it but suppose it's not a big problem really.

• Upvote 1

Hello Michael,

If people have given a like, the icon between the envelope and my name has always lit up for me. The red light will come on as someone hits the' like this', it comes on as a number, depending on how many have registered. If people have' liked This' while I have been off line, the light will alert me when I sign in. I will then click it and see who has liked which post, and then go to it and take a reminder of what I wrote.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Melissa. I only mentioned it because, if people look through the Archives and like some thing you have posted. Without the red alert, you may never know they have given you that compliment. Shame really.

• Upvote 1

The last alert (red box with a number in it) I received was on 14th, from LizzieM. Have not received another since, but there might not have been one. However, when I checked My Settings / Notification Option, the Notify me when someone 'Likes' my post, and the Notify me of comments made on my posts, both had boxes that were unticked. Attempts to place a tick in them failed, but a tick could be put in the equivalent email boxes. Anyone know what is happening?

This message does not have the Like This tick tab.

• Upvote 1

Sometimes when I "like" a post I get a pop up saying that my like cannot be registered (or something like that), though on the post it comes up that I have liked it. I often wonder which bit hasn't been registered....if you know what I mean

I've just got a Like This notification from katyjay, but the red alert did not appear. So, it looks like although there are no relevant ticks in the Settings, and no red alert, the actual visual notification still appears alongside the text message, but it has not been added to the list of Notifications when you click on the symbol at the top of the page. Thus, this would appear to be the first time that the red alert has not appeared for me. Also, if it did not have a red alert then the Like will not be added to the list of Notifications.

Daft I call it! (Remember that, Ernie Entwhistle's dad in Knockout comic)

• Upvote 1

re #44. Are any of the Nottstalgia hexperts trying to fathom out what is going wrong and trying to put it right?

• Upvote 3
  • 1 year later...

Just read all above with same problem,.ie..cannot do a tick on the notification box.on the notification page,it wont allow ,so i'm none the wiser ?

Thanks Fynger,.......i can use the 'like this' button,..its the little light on the notification of a like that i'm not getting,so dont know when someone has given me one,..lol. if you know what i mean.

• Upvote 2

I don't get this notification either. I can use the 'like this' button though. The only notification I get if someone has 'liked' one of my posts is an email.

• Upvote 3