Missing 'Like this' (post) button

On my "Notification Preferences" one of the options is 'Notify me when someone likes my posts'.

I can tick the option to be 'notified by email' but I can't add a tick under the 'notification list' column. That also applies to several other categories.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

re #44. Are any of the Nottstalgia hexperts trying to fathom out what is going wrong and trying to put it right?

Yesterday, In the topic about Weddings. I noticed I had received some likes from people. But I haven't had notification, (the little red light that usually appears) or the likes for the 15th Sept regi

I don't get this notification either. I can use the 'like this' button though. The only notification I get if someone has 'liked' one of my posts is an email.

#52 Same here. I can tick the 'notify me by email' box but not the other. I used to get the other but it just disappeared on its own a long time ago.

• Upvote 1

SO..........obvious Question........can we remedy it..?

Edit. the problem seems to be,on the 'My Settings' screen,the little square that you tick to say,'notify me of any likes'.....is white,whereas the most of the others are pale blue and allows you to put a tick.

• 9 months later...

Bump

Here is the thread with our previous discussion about the Like Notification. I have just checked on my settings and the Notification option is still grayed out, making it unusable. It is located next to the little box ticked, that informs us of likes by Email.

Most of our questions are on this thread. The last time my little red notification light came on was 14.9.14 from Trevor S

Thanks Mick, I haven't had any problems giving Likes to people, it is the Notification red light option that a few of us have noticed stopped working a couple of years ago? but I can't understand why I can't tick the little box in my settings. The one that used to make the red Notification light up. I put this link on before and it explains the grayed out meaning, perhaps it has been disabled for some reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grayed_out

On mine the box isn't 'greyed out', its pure white. I am just unable to tick the box.

edit: Note that I spelled 'grey' with an 'e'. :biggrin:

I have never seen this red indicator.

Its disappearance may have been due to a software update.

We are due a major update in the next couple of weeks. After the server move. We will move from Las Vegas to the UK.

The only red light I get is on the little envelope when I receive a PM. I'm not bothered about being notified of a like.

I presume so RR. It appears that some folks have it, and others not. I certainly don't!

• 2 weeks later...

Apologizes to all concerned while sitting on the big white throne this morning after my morning portion of Kellogg's fruit n fibre flicking down this new set up on my mobile with my thumbs, I accidently liked a few posts & clicked on a few profiles! So if you've seen me looking & liking it was unintentional ....... sorry! 

• Upvote 1