Missing 'Like this' (post) button

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

re #44. Are any of the Nottstalgia hexperts trying to fathom out what is going wrong and trying to put it right?

Yesterday, In the topic about Weddings. I noticed I had received some likes from people. But I haven't had notification, (the little red light that usually appears) or the likes for the 15th Sept regi

I don't get this notification either. I can use the 'like this' button though. The only notification I get if someone has 'liked' one of my posts is an email.

What skin are you using.

Choose *'Default Skin' which is currently 'Old School'

All updates are applied to that, but like button should appear in all skins.

*(Bottom left 'Change Theme')

Mick2me.........My 'Like This' icon is showing but when I click on it, it immediately changes to an 'Unlike' icon instead of showing that I have registered a 'Like".

• Upvote 2

Mick2me.........My 'Like This' icon is showing but when I click on it, it immediately changes to an 'Unlike' icon instead of showing that I have registered a 'Like".

That's what I said...Does not show who likes that post....in the past it would have shown...You like this..or...names of other Nottstagians who have registered a like for the post.

• Upvote 1

You'd better make it quick - Jill Sparrow will be busy writing the next chapter in her saga of Manning school, and we won't half be mad if the like button doesn't work! In fact (and please don't tke this as a subtly veiled threat) the All-Seeing Eye might get you! :rotfl:

• Upvote 1

One person has no like button so far? I assume all others can see it?

But when the like button is pressed, it does not display that you and others like that post.

How many get the latter, Fynger can see the like names.

I cannot in IE or Chrome?

• 1 year later...

Yesterday, In the topic about Weddings. I noticed I had received some likes from people. But I haven't had notification, (the little red light that usually appears) or the likes for the 15th Sept registered on my list. Any advice will be most welcome. Thank you. :)

• Upvote 3

Yesterday, In the topic about Weddings. I noticed I had received some likes from people. But I haven't had notification, (the little red light that usually appears) or the likes for the 15th Sept registered on my list. Any advice will be most welcome. Thank you. :)

Have you been fiddling with your notification settings?

Check by clicking on your name at top right.

Then click on My Settings

Then Notification Options

Is there a tick on Notify me when someone likes my post

I did do something the other day, when we were discussing Email notification. Perhaps I knocked it off ! I have tried to click a little arrow in the Likes notification box., but the little arrow wont appear. Help.

• Upvote 1