A special day for all Australians,myself included. Lots of celebrating today,plenty of grog & barbies. Happy Australia Day to all Ozzies everywhere!!!!

Caz

post-34-1138225799_thumb.png

• 4 years later...

We're still waiting for a punchline here Mick (Only four years ago !!!!!!)

By the way I'm watching the Murry/Nadal match in the Australian open , and they've stopped the effing thing to watch the "Australia Day " Fireworks !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Australia Day? :rolleyes:

Which reminds me

What have the Australians and Americans got, but the British Dont?

Mick2me, please do tell. The suspense is killing me.

Alison

Bars that don't sell Greene King, unlikely, but we can live in hope.

I have this recurring nightmare of carrying out my dream holiday and driving across the US Mid West to Nashville, calling in at a bar on an interstate highway in the middle of nowhere and finding GK IPA as the only available beer.

You are safe Firbeck! Not a GK tap to be found anywhere! There are a few (mostly in Canada), that have Old Speckled Hen on tap, but that's about it. Most bars have Bass and Guinness - the "Irish" bars may have Murphy's and Smithwicks and some have Newcastle Brown. However, the best bet is to find a micro-brewery, or brew pub - you can find some excellent stuff there including IPA's, pale ales, bitter, red ale and some different lagers.