A Comforting Smile

Last week i was taken into emergency hospital,i was very frightened and thankfully i recovered from the problem,the nurses in the stroke ward were so kind,the lovely smile and kind words from them made me feel a lot less alone, just one nurse did not smile once,very efficient, but very distant,i know they have such a great responsibility on there shoulders,that i couldnt do myself,but just talking from my frightening experience last week,it was the smiles that took away some of my fears.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the early hours of Thursday morning, once again I found myself at W-ton New Cross in need of assistance, and I want to praise all of the people who looked after me so caringly. I have been in the p

Hi Carni, I do hope you are feeling better soon, how frightening for you to have to be whisked to the emergency room so often. Getting old ain't for cissies, is it. I hope the doc can sort you out in

Hello Everyone, I am getting so many lovely messages from you all that I want you to know that at this moment I am fine. I have a problem that doesn't go away but is mainly under control. Occasional

Thank you for your good wishes,I would like to thank you also for this great nottstalga site,i have never lost my love for Nottingham and discovering all you people with the same feelings about the place as i have is great,it is wonderful to read about so many places and experiences that people talk about that are so like my own life before i left Notts.I am getting quite addicted to nottstalga and intend to stay that way.

• Upvote 1

Hello Cami,

I'm a newbe here and so far so good, really enjoying the good folks on this website, they're honest and always have something to say.

Glad you're feeling better, please stay that way. I work with handicapped people of all ages, some are unable to speak - it's my smile and theirs that says it all.....I'm also a big believer in hugs...holding hands and a friendly pats on the back never hurt either.....from there it's all down-hill easy as cake! It all starts with a smile now doesn't it........such a small positive thing.

I know what you mean,when we were courting in the 60s and my hubby used to come to Notts at the weekends from Wolverhampton i would have to translate for my parents,he would say Am Yow Alroight, of course meaning Ya alrate duck,he says we dont sound the ck at the end of duck, making it sound like Du,but i tell him what would a yamyam know,lol only kidding.

Thank you for your kind wishes,I am pleased to say i feel so much better today i believe my medication is kicking in my spirits have lifted,and also having this fab Nottstalga has given me something to look forward to.Thanks to you all.

• Upvote 1

Hi carni so glad you are feeling better, I know what you mean re the smiling nurses it puts you at ease as it did me after suffering my first stroke in January this year, I couldn't have wished for better a care. Best wishes for a full recovery

Hiya Fch782c,Sorry to hear you have been ill,Stroke is very frightening and it happens without warning,It happened to me in 2005 but i have not been left with any problems from it.I had a scare recently but it has turned out to be something else ,I hope you feel better soon and keep well in the future,and hope those nurses keep smiling for you.

• 1 year later...

In the early hours of Thursday morning, once again I found myself at W-ton New Cross in need of assistance, and I want to praise all of the people who looked after me so caringly. I have been in the predicament a few times in the last few years and not all ways have I been made to feel as comfortable. From the moment I arrived, the staff on every level were so kind, I was treated so well and that caring smile was on the face of every one who treated me. From the nurse who was watching over me and almost force feeding me with tea to the Doctor when I cried like a baby as he put the Canula ( soz I can't spell it) in my arm, to the kind person who found me a delicious Lasagne and Jelly and Ice cream for my unexpected visit. I know our NHS can have so many problems, but in my hour of need, everyone concerning my welfare this time was fantastic. Brilliant Care.

• Upvote 9

Carni, congratulations on passing the 6000 mark and don't you dare get sick again...you hear? hellothere

• Upvote 1

I have been lurkin in the background, reading all of your night owls posts. I can't resist signing in to thank you all for your kind words, you made me feel good. I'm going back to Lurkin now, and I am forcing yawns, hoping I can induce sleep. I don't hold out much hope .Lol Night Night You Lot.

:Kiss:

• Upvote 1