• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was, and still is, a lot of kerfuffle about the MMR vaccine, the TB and Polio jabs and now CV-19. There s no such thing as 100% safe, someone somewhere will have an adverse reaction and start a

Can you remember the iron lung? which was used when children had Polio. Measles was an  highly infectious viral disease causing a red rash, mostley in children and could lead to serious complications.

Modern disorders in Kids include 'Eating Disorders' We never had those because we were poor and lucky to get a good meal every day.

There's a lot of anti vaccination people around. I remember when my two children were young and there was a scare about the measles vaccine. Many didn't have it and were too frightened it might cause some reaction or even health problem. I did dither a bit until I spoke to my doctor. Eventually they both had it and I don't think I would dither about any vaccine that had been tested well. We are waiting for it to be available here. There are many that have said they won't have it. I think it's being selfish not to as the vaccine to work the majority have to be vaccinated or else it won't be successful. We have to believe in something or else we will still be wearing masks in 2030 and beyond.

There was, and still is, a lot of kerfuffle about the MMR vaccine, the TB and Polio jabs and now CV-19. There s no such thing as 100% safe, someone somewhere will have an adverse reaction and start a panic.

To those who don't want it, please step aside and shorten the queue for those of us who do.

• Like 8
On 12/8/2020 at 6:34 PM, trogg said:

As far as I am aware Health care workers, care homes and oldies are first for the vaccine .

Yes but my grandson has been told that the nursing home staff and residents are being done before him. This makes no sense at all because he is in physical contact with these people every day and has to go to different nursing homes. He could be passing the virus around!?

There is very limited capacity so it's nursing homes first - maybe for Political reasons after ignoring them before?

When have any of the decisions in this debacle made any sense? Some are based on science, some are based on politicians’ opinions and the chap coordinating it all doesn’t know which way to turn. It’s difficult to apportion any blame because this is a unique situation with no precedent to follow.

Vaccine queue calculator for the UK 

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk 

Based on your profile, there are between 20,728,685 and 23,842,145 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across the UK

Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your vaccine between 11/05/2021 and 02/06/2021.