- UFO's - NOTTINGHAM

In the early 1990s, I was driving along the Dronfield bypass early one January morning. There is a place where the ground drops away to the left and there's an isolated farm house surrounded by fields. I noticed a bright, silver elliptical object which was spinning but was also moving in a circular motion, hovering over the farm house some distance away. There was no sound. An aircraft at that distance would have been quite audible.

I've often wondered what it was.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure how religion got into this thread but I personally think it should stop right now before things get heated. They always say, never discuss politics, religion or money. They cause too many arg

Could.nt have put it better meself Colly...........lol

Hey Margie, was there any lettering on the UFO ? Like "Eat At Eptons for your Fish & Chips"  ?  

In the 80s,I was woken by a deep humming sound,it was in the early hours..I looked out of my bedroom window and saw an object with lights all round,the object was a sort of oval shape and was hovering just above the trees( there is woodland at the back of our house) I woke my husband to let him see,he thought it must be something the army were trying out,but it looked so strange...then it just sort of floated up and went.

• Upvote 1
  • 8 months later...

just to illustrate the odds of meeting alien life forms if you threw a bottle into the sea in australia  and someone threw another bottle into the sea off cornwall what do you think the odds are of those two bottles hitting each other The universe is a very big place and its most likely that the human race has not existed anywhere near long enough for such a meeting to occur  meeowed

• Like 1

The lifespan of the human race has no bearing on the likelyhood of extra terrestial visitors - how can it? Although personally I think flying saucers etc are bunkem I am convinced that out there somewhere there is some form of life.

• Like 1

I disagree about flying saucers. I, together with my wife and two children, saw one flying low over the Trent Valley some 25 years ago. The strange thing was that we just said “look, there’s a flying saucer” in a matter of fact sort of way. There was no point in getting excited about it as nobody would have believed us anyway as I’m sure you don’t believe me now. :biggrin: It was the “classic” round shape of a flying saucer with portholes around the edge. I’m sure it was an explainable phenomenum.  As I say, you’ll think I’m talking rubbish so no more to be said really!

• Like 1

No Margie. As I said, nobody would have believed us anyway. It was all a bit odd really that we took it as a matter of fact and didn't get excited about it. It might have been a reflection from the disused gravel workings on the cloud base and we just interpreted it as a strange occurrence. The mind can play strange tricks. No-one is more down to earth and sceptical as me so I didn't go wild about it.

In 2007, Paul and I once saw something strange in the sky above Skegness in the early hours of the morning.  We'd had a trip to Skegness hospital because I had been  suffering severe pain from my gall bladder while we were on holiday.   I was given an injection for pain relief, but it wasn't that which caused me to see the oval light in the sky because Paul saw it as well!  It remained almost stationary for a long time and appeared to be behind the light cloud cover.  It was much larger than the moon.  We watched it for a long time but then just went to bed...  we still remember it vividly as it was so strange and always talk about it (and look for It!) when we go to Skegness

12 hours ago, MargieH said:

In 2007, Paul and I once saw something strange in the sky above Skegness in the early hours of the morning.  

A lot of people who stagger out of the Lumley Castle see things they don't understand.:rotfl:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Good job it's the yanks then that have to deal with all those aliens. I don't think we could cope, the tram's cause enough problems.

• Like 1
On 4/18/2013 at 9:39 PM, TYAFANS said:

I only hope to find one or two people here that would really like to know what I've learned and exchange information and ideas. That's all.

Cor, I can barely Wait, but before you tell me of your findings, make sure that the men in white coat's can't get you before the end of the story.

The odds on there being alien life in the universe are better that winning the lottery.

As to the human race not been around long enough to have had visitors that assumes that the aliens have only been around for the same length of time.

And no I don't think we have had visitors from space but I firmly believe there could be other forms of life out there.