any remember the "Barn" or Astoria Ballroom on a corner near woolworths?Redmyne and Todd cannot remember the street

on a Monday in the early 1950's used to get "two for the price of one tickets two a sixpence for two, got the tickets on one monday, for the next monday used to be a great hang out to meet girls/boys [or whatever was your pleasure]

I remeber it being called the Barn, The Astoria, The Sherwood Rooms and whats it called now....? I cannot remember despite driving by last week as I drove out of the bottom end of Maid Marian Way.

Well it would have been near Woolworths before they (we) built the Broad Marsh in between them.

What was that club just up Stanford Street on the other side of the back of Woolies?

The 8 till Late, in the 70's?

• 7 months later...

if i remember right radford, whispers wasn`t the place to go if you had an eye for the ladies. my mate was a doorman there and quit the night he had to stop two lesbians fighting. by the way have i told anybody that i`m a lesbian trapped inside a mans body, can`t lose really can i? smile2

if i remember right radford, whispers wasn`t the place to go if you had an eye for the ladies. my mate was a doorman there and quit the night he had to stop two lesbians fighting. by the way have i told anybody that i`m a lesbian trapped inside a mans body, can`t lose really can i? smile2

What colour pills have you been taking????? :blink::crazy:

Baz :ph34r:

Cheers 4 that Rob........ No i never frequented Whispers

• 4 months later...
Well it would have been near Woolworths before they (we) built the Broad Marsh in between them.

What was that club just up Stanford Street on the other side of the back of Woolies?

The 8 till Late, in the 70's?

The club was originally The Dungeon, ran by Mick Parker, changing into, amongst others, The Big Apple, and Eight till late. I have done a posting elsewhere, to see who frequented The Dungeon in the 60's.