If you haven't seen this - enjoy - if you have seen this - enjoy agiain!

Check Out Youtube and - "THE ZIMMERS"

People Try To Put Us Down........sing along........Just because we get around - things they do look awful cold - hope I die before I get old!

How embarassing - do the silly old sods think they can sing. I am one of them but would never be assosiated with that load of old rubbish

Hello Systema,

I didn't post the message to embarass the old people, or be-little them in the least. They are serious about getting their message out, they are of value at any age, and not to be pushed aside and forgotten about. This is one of the population of people that I've work with over the last 40 years. I give them respect, empathy, compassion and love and that makes all the difference in their empty, drab and sad lives. Be it my family, friends or strangers - I helped them all and they educated me at the same time. So I ask you, at what age is it the right time to send the silly old sods out to pasture? Try to get a job over the age of 50 - 55 - 60 these days. Hell, I would hire one in a heart-beat...you can trust them - they're on time, never in a hurry to go home, take pride in what they do and thank you for giving them the chance to prove themselves.

I have a mother who is 80 and my father is 83 .... both active all their lives - smart and good to everyone.....now they sit around waiting to kick the bucket and die.....that's a fine ho do you do isn't it !.......going to bingo and doctors every week.

Enjoy the Sunday Sunshine!

• Upvote 1

Thank You - right you are - and their wisdom that goes with it. They lived full lives, but now have left over life to kill.

Yes - but you look so dam good in your photo - that I find it hard to believe......you're really rounding the 70 mark ?

Yes - but you look so dam good in your photo - that I find it hard to believe......you're really rounding the 70 mark ?

The photo caught 'er in a good light, on a good day, when the bunions weren't aching..................but I agree she looks pretty good for 70

Hi systema,

you don't look a day older than when we hung out in 'Skeggy',back in 65.

Seems to me this TYAFANS might be a bit of a 'wind up' merchant, underestimates the older members on the site.

We are not the Bingo playing generation, that our parents use to be. 'I'm talking about my g-g-generation baby'. :)

• Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...

Just listening to The Who Live At Hull 1970 - and before that Live At Leeds remastered. The best two Who concerts ever recorded.

Which one is better - is a personal matter. Leeds is more to my liking - being I'm older these days. Hull is for the 15 to 35 range, more high energy and changes in performance. Hull is also a much faster pace.

Ya know Barclaycon, one day not long ago, I was sitting here in a foul kind of funk mood - just thinking about the musicians who have died along the way. So I took a piece of paper, and just off the top of my head, I counted around 120.....then I stopped. In one way it makes me very sad, and in another way I'm very thankful that I got to witness their coming and going. Their talent is still with us, and those they inspired are still playing in their memory.

Hello Mick2me.....how about Jethro Tull.....David Palmer is now Dee Palmer and Jeffery Hammond Hammond also went the same way with a sex change. Just saying.

Ya know Barclaycon, one day not long ago, I was sitting here in a foul kind of funk mood - just thinking about the musicians who have died along the way. So I took a piece of paper, and just off the top of my head, I counted around 120.....then I stopped. In one way it makes me very sad, and in another way I'm very thankful that I got to witness their coming and going. Their talent is still with us, and those they inspired are still playing in their memory.

The fact is Mr Tyafans, we were lucky enough to live an era when music was at a peak.

The sheer talent and prolific output during the 60's, 70's, and 80's was astonishing.

When I see crap like 'The Voice' or 'X Factor' it makes me feel old - not because they are bright young things, but because I hear myself sounding like Victor Meldrew.

• Upvote 2

I can enjoy AC / DC - Van Halen and Aldo Nova - I even have two slade albums. Ozzy, Black Sabbath and Judas Priest are all right too.

We are getting old, but I wanted to see music progress, but it keeps back-dating to the top 40 hits of the 60's and 70's and yes the "Big Hair" 1980's. Mr. Big and Billy Sheehan - Paul Gilbert......Imagine Black Sabbath with the number one CD in England ! Good for them I say, and if I were them - that's it - end it on a high note and go out proud and never to be forgotten.

It all went wrong when the plane carrying Glen Miller went down ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, in my opinion

A good musician is an artist, like a painter, sculptor, writer, or actor.Would you ask these people to give up what they love doing.

I make toy soldiers, and occasionally turn out illustrations,at 64 I am in my element, I am doing some of my best work in 40 years.If I was told to give it up, my answer would be a polite, b------s.

Experience is what 'old farts' have. :)

we were lucky enough to live an era when music was at a peak. The sheer talent and prolific output during the 60's, 70's, and 80's was astonishing.

When I see crap like 'The Voice' or 'X Factor' it makes me feel old - not because they are bright young things, but because I hear myself sounding like Victor Meldrew.

My thought entirely

Its not just because we are older that we think modern music is crap, it really is CRAP!

There are a few recent groups with talent, The Mavericks to name one?

Raol Marlow (Leader of the mavericks) is a man with an immense talent. We went to see him when we were in Fla in 2002, and I got him to sign my copy of his CD afterwards (I purchased in that Mall in Key West that we went to trying to source that twig for your scanner Mick.)