Songs to have played at yer Funeral!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to a funeral at Bramcote, For a bloke that I knew where we worked, But suffering the music they played there, Made me wish it was one that I'd shirked. I wouldn't have minded George For

This was the one I had played for my Sue.

As folk arrive "Campfire's Burning" - homage to my Scouting days During "Flash, Bang, Wallop" by Tommy Steele - homage to my camera club As folk leave "I'm On Fire" by Bruce Springsteen,

Posted Images

• 9 months later...

Joy of living...........Ewan Mcoll.

If I Should Fall behind........Bruce Springsteen and the E Street band.

Time to Say Goodbye..........Sarah Brightman.

Somewhere Over The Rainbow.........Judy Garland.

Something from Bob Dylan.....

Something from The Pogues or the Dubliners....The Parting Glass maybe?

Too many I know and not all Appropriate-feel a "mix tape" coming on.

• Upvote 1

When I went to my hubby's uncle's funeral a few years ago, he was a man who was always smiling. A lot to learn from him, as he was a prisoner of war, and had to help build the Burma Railway. 2 of the songs I remember at the crem was Bring me Sunshine by Morecambe and Wise, and he was played out to Albatross by Fleetwood Mac. Lovely.

• Upvote 1

What I want to be played at my funeral is, Always Look On he Bright Side Of Life by Monty Python......

I am not a Roman Catholic, but my wife is and I live in a Catholic country, so I think the chances of them playing it are very very slim............

kd lang has a voice worthy of angels and;

Elvis sang this at his last live concert.........a fitting end.

But will have to go with mick2me re the theme music from the Soylent Green film where Edward G Robinson was euthanised...magnificent exit music and scenes to die by!

sadly we have been to a few funerals this year . but some of the best songs have been spirit in the sky and always look on the bright side of life. piggy has always said he wants gost riders in the sky played for him cause he will be up there riding with all the other guys and gels who have gone before him. another friend said the other day his has got to be fire take me to burn

:biggrin: I think for me it would have to be Jimi Hendrix and 'Voodoo Child'. :biggrin:

Glad to say that I grew into a 'Wild Child' when I became a pensioner!

Considering my life, I've done everything backwards but at least when I enter the pearly gates, I'll feel well satisfied that I did everything I wanted to do - well almost everything ( !hand!) - whilst on Planet Earth. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2
But will have to go with mick2me re the theme music from the Soylent Green film where Edward G Robinson was euthanised...magnificent exit music and scenes to die by!

Did I play this before?

re jimi, Isobel often told me that the last words I said as they wheeled me into the operating theatre for my heart bypass were "If I don't see you no more in this world I'll see you in the next, don' t be late" can't remember it, but how ironic I'm still here 14 years later and she isn't

• Upvote 1
  • 7 months later...

BUMP

Just browsing and i couldn't help giggling at some of the peoples choices, i'm not being morbid, cos it is going to come anyway,so we might as well laugh. Me and my other half have got our end bit paid for and I have Chosen.....Half way to Paradise by Billy Fury and my hubs has chosen ...Red Red Wine by UB40. Might as well send em home laughing.

• Upvote 1

For my mother in law's funeral I chose Going Home as she came in the crem, Jerusalem half way through, and Gracie Field's Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye. Anyone who wasn't blubbing at that point, certainly was after that last song!

I haven't thought about my own funeral and honestly don't want to, I leave that for someone else to deal with. However the funeral that I will ALWAYS remember is that of a friend of ours a few years ago up in Sedgefield. There was a service in a packed out church and two or three people stood up and read eulogies, including my husband, and it was a real celebration of this man's life. We then all went to the crematorium where we stood around outside for ages while the widow smoked a joint (!) The funeral director then gently told her that we had to get on with the service and started carrying the coffin into the chapel, to the music of Cockney Rebel singing 'Come Up and See Me'. The widow was really high at this point and led the rest of us in, dancing and waving her arms about. It was a sight to behold!! In the chapel she carried on singing to the music. I hear that song on the radio so often and always think of our mate Maz, bless him.

• Upvote 2

Monty Pythons song, Always look on the bright side of life.

It is not a joke, I would really like it played.

My mothers dad was Irish and to me his funeral, was the best I have attended, he had fiddles, drums and everyone sang along to them, along with the telling the telling of jokes, about his life, it was a happy funeral and wake, even his wife joined in, that is the sort of funeral I want not a cold sad one.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Old and Wise, Alan Parsons project.

One day in your life, Michael Jackson.

I want 200 brunettes dressed in black. vales, pillowbox hats.

Black stockings, red lipstick and nails, high heels

All clutching a single red rose

Crying their eyes out

All unaware each other existed

A big brawl over mi wooden suit.

Pity I'll not be able to see it.

Er, make that 2.000. I got around a bit.

What about see you later undertaker?. De Da Pete.