Songs to have played at yer Funeral!

First:

Let it Loose...Rolling Stones.

Second:

Visionary Mountains... Manfred Manns Earthband.

Third:

Mr.Brooks...Dave Brooks.

The third choice is from the 1973-1974 BBC programme, 'The Family'. It is on YouTube on the 'Gather in the mushrooms' album...brilliant!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went to a funeral at Bramcote, For a bloke that I knew where we worked, But suffering the music they played there, Made me wish it was one that I'd shirked. I wouldn't have minded George For

This was the one I had played for my Sue.

As folk arrive "Campfire's Burning" - homage to my Scouting days During "Flash, Bang, Wallop" by Tommy Steele - homage to my camera club As folk leave "I'm On Fire" by Bruce Springsteen,

Posted Images

• 8 months later...

Bird on the Wire by Katey Sagal. Wonderful singer and prophetic lyrics. Had it on in the car nearly all day.

• 1 year later...

Went to a funeral yesterday, and they played Everybody Hurts..... REM, He ain't Heavy..... The Hollies and Albatross..... Fleetwood Mac. Brilliant stuff.

• Upvote 1

By heck tabby, that'll rouse em up !

Drift Away by Dobie Grey..... I'd definitely have  that !

Sorry don't believe in funerals I am more of a waste disposal type. Just wish the council would provide a black wheelie bin for the purpose. I have left a sum of money to get rid of my body with strict instructions to spend as little as possible, all the rest to be spent down the pub for a wake.

• Upvote 2

I want a big funeral.......lots of Deano and Frankies music...........everybody wailing and being just overcome with the thought of never seeing me again....and saying what a great bloke i was ..............in reality it will be probably quite small......and they'll all be laughing at my music......and saying.........wer'nt he a 'Tw%* .......and so long as they are laughing.......that'll do for me.......my only worry is how will i be dressed.............LOL.

• Upvote 1

If I'm still around, Ben, I'll make it my business to see that you don't go on your send off without your liberty bodice, silk shirt and tie.

If even a fraction of your old flames turn up and bring one red rose each, that should guarantee a worldwide shortage of red roses for at least a month!

I'm planning to record  my own funeral speech. It will give a nasty shock to all those who think they've got rid of me! I shall have the Berceuse from Faure's Dolly Suite played as folk come in (shades of Listen With Mother) and the Osanna from Bach's B Minor Mass as they leave. Poems by Thomas Hardy, Walter De la Mare and W B Yeats will be read. There will be no flowers but donations to Cat Rescue. No one who doesn't have a tail and four paws will get a bean from my estate and I intend to be too busy playing with moggies who sloped off before I did to worry about what they do with my carcase! :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

I've often thought of a video to be played at me funeral.  A nice friendly chat with a few home truths for one or two I've met over the course of my life.  After all there's nowt they can say or do about it then. vampire2

• Upvote 1

#95  The Berceuse from the Dolly Suite - good choice. Not so struck on the Bach Mass piece. Give me In Paradisum from Faure's Requiem any day. Don't you want the mourners to cry, Jill. Now me, I want the full musical glory as the curtains close around me - the finale of Mahler's 8th. Or I could make them weep with Richard Strauss's Biem Schlafengehen from his Four Last Songs, sung by Gundula Janowitz. 

If you had Ravel's Bolero, that would make me weep! Can't stand it! :angry:

I don't want anyone to cry. I want them to smile and laugh. I don't think funerals should be miserable affairs. Perhaps you've thought of hiring professional mourners to walk after the coffin, wailing, as they did in earlier times? I can't believe a person with your sense of fun would want a miserable send off, Chulla!

• Upvote 1