Had another stupid idea! :(

Next step is to tidy the pond base and remove the turf from the rim so that I can level the land around the pond; thus making the water level instead of looking like it is flowing to one end. If I had a digger I would have done that first. Here is the pond at the end of today. The plank is to facilitate measuring the lie of the land and the pile of spoil in the near end is to use during levelling:

IMG_7062.JPG?gl=GB

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done Compo lad!!

GOOD LOOK HOPE IT WORKS

Can't you knit one, from elastic bands?

Snorra pond it's a puddle...................Well done Compo lad!!................ kickme

Looks like I may finally get my wish and get to build a pond !!

I don't know how many of you remember a few years back (Probably 2006/7) I got roped in to building a 'soft play' area for the kids on the spot of my garden I'd earmarked for a pond. Well that eventually got a massive trampoline erected on it, after the 'storm' we had a couple of weeks ago the trampoline got blown onto the top of our new shed adjacent to it, so I told SWMBO 'not to expect me to buy a new one if the trampoline goes over again and wrecks the shed'
She's just had this 'great idea' to move the trampoline down the garden and across the other side of the lawn, and we build another 'soft play' there. Thus leaving me to get my wish and have a pond of my own !!!
The kids can both swim very well now so there's no worries in that department either!!

:jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

I'm off with the trailer to get bedding sand tomorrow. The liner will have to be ordered - no shop this far north.

Looks like a plan for an open cut coal mine Compo !

With water being so scarce here in Brighton, I have built 3 similar ponds in my front garden. All water from the house and garden drains into the ponds or water tanks. Not a drop leaves my property to the storm water drains.What are you using on top of the sand? Plastic and river pebbles in my case.

I could have done with that turf.

Photo: Turf is being dug up and replaced (ABC: Spence Denny)

Map: Adelaide 5000There will be 2,000 on offer and available for collection between 9:00am and 3:00pm next Sunday at Light's Vision on Montefiore

Thousands of pieces of turf from Adelaide Oval will be given away to the public, Hill, which overlooks the oval

Oops! I dug the pond and then tried to order the liner. I discovered that the pond was just a bit too large for the liner size available and the next size up was much bigger. After a few seconds I decided to get back down into the pond and dig it out to fit a bigger liner. I now have a bigger pond :)

Compo,Now that your pond is of considerable size and depth, may I suggest that you earn some extra money by acquiring some pedalos and hiring them out in the summer????

pedalo.jpg

And you must not forget the wildlife that the vast expanse of water will bring to your garden.....especially the birds...stock-photo-group-of-six-beautiful-young

:congrats:

• Upvote 1

Oops! I dug the pond and then tried to order the liner. I discovered that the pond was just a bit too large for the liner size available and the next size up was much bigger. After a few seconds I decided to get back down into the pond and dig it out to fit a bigger liner. I now have a bigger pond :)

Good idea.If you dig a bigger pond you could put a bull shark in it. thumbsup

Herons ???? No more problem.

Baz :ninja:

• Upvote 1

The second photo clinches it, Trevor S! Pedaloes it shall be....Phwoar!

He did have a camping ground , but some daft bogger built a pond on it ................................................. slywink

Compo lad, if yer purraload o' sand around it, you could oppen a topless beach!!........................it might work, unless it only attracts blokes,,,,,,,,,,,,, kickme

• Upvote 1

Had a flash of inspiration today. I am thinking of putting a railway around that part of the garden. Nothing huge, just an 00 gauge. I'm bored with my '12" to the foot' full scale model that runs along the length of the garden. Too many people involved in timetabling for my liking.

thumbsup

Re-set teh big slabs today and drawn an embankment down to them. Photo later. Still loads of work to do thought. I have to go and get some rounded beach stones, perhaps this weekend. There's loads on our local beach.