I do indeed Rog. I took it apart some years ago to replace seals and o-rings and found it was shooting well over 12ft/lbs. I hastily corrected it as I didn't want to get locked up for not having a fire arms certificate. It is possible with modification to get a Rapid 7 up to 25ft/lbs but just below 12 is more than adequate for my use.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to reassure our Colonial members that my comments about air rifles was only aimed at chavvy boneheads from estates that take great delight in maiming cats, dogs, rabbits and any other defenceless

I think you touched on where the snake problem came from, John.   Folks who will stupidly buy an exotic pet and then when it starts to get big and a bit threatening dump it in the Everglades or some o

Noooooooo!  I love little 'cyrils' as our youngest grandson used to call them..

What FPS does it put out, mine is fairly consistent with 5.51mm Jumbo express pellets it runs between 600 and 603 fps but with 5.52mm Air Arms field I get between 574 and 580

Rog

5 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

My last reading was 602 using Field Target Trophy 5.5mm pellets. 11.83 ft/lbs. 

Sounds spot on, those Jumbo express pellets push it a bit higher in my BSA all of them at 606 to 610 fps but not sure about accuracy, next time I go to the farmyard I'll take a few paper targets and have a play, I got some sample packs of pellets all different makes and weights the worse ones for FPS were the Bisley Hollow points all FPS were down to 508 to 511 over a ten shot spread

Rog

My Chronograph, great bit of kit, just have to convert Mtrs to Fps, ie: multiply MPS by 3.281 equals FPS

DSCF1950.jpg

Rog

• 8 months later...

Wasn't sure if the sights were a little off yesterday so Today I set a stick out in the field (with owners permission) at 30 yards and fired ten shots of "Air Arms" field 5.52 mm then ten shots of "Webley" Accupell 5.5mm then another ten of Air Arms, don't think I'll be buying any Webley Accupells anytime soon so Air Arms field look the best, the air pressure in the R10 was at 180 bar instead of the full charge of 232 bar

DSCF2380.jpg

DSCF2383.jpg

for scale I set a 5 pence piece at the side of each group,far left is Air Arms, middle Air Arms and the right  is Webley the wood is 1.5 inch x 5/8 inch pine and most of the shots went right through

Rog

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Beekay said:

So where will you be shooting wooden pigeons or wooden rabbits then Rog. I'm intrigued to know.  thumbsup

In the woods obviously

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Cliff Ton changed the title to Air Rifle hunting