2 minutes ago, Brew said:

So do humans but they won't let us shoot 'em.

Some of them seem to stab them just lately, terrible times we live in

Rog

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to reassure our Colonial members that my comments about air rifles was only aimed at chavvy boneheads from estates that take great delight in maiming cats, dogs, rabbits and any other defenceless

I think you touched on where the snake problem came from, John.   Folks who will stupidly buy an exotic pet and then when it starts to get big and a bit threatening dump it in the Everglades or some o

Noooooooo!  I love little 'cyrils' as our youngest grandson used to call them..

I'm not worried about knife crime, I'm assured the government is going appoint a supremo who will soon have it all sorted once they agree how big the salary will be and whether they get an OBE or a knighthood

• Like 1

Growing up it was always thought only the real lowest of the low carried a Knife,,,some things never change,, 

• Like 1

Only if the laser is set up for the correct distance Phil,I prefer my BSA 3-9x40 scope,can work out the distance and adjust height accordingly

Rog

I've got a Stirling scope attached as well and the laser sits on top. I've not shot for some time but I always seemed to score a bullseye. Actually you've restimulated my interest. I might go out and take a few shots with the Rapid Seven tomorrow if I can find my Target Trophy pellets I bought from Walkers of Trowell some years ago. I suppose it's easier to buy online now. I did refurbish the gun with new seals a while back and I had to get a chrono to ensure it was shooting well below 12ft. lbs. 

• Like 1

Can't beat a bit of target shooting Phil varying distances,some guy's now are hitting bulls eye out to 100 meters and more, might have a go at that myself now I've got the new bi-pod, I only shoot down the farm for pest control reasons, pigeons make a terrible mess in the barns and over the expensive tractors, have you done any club shooting? hunter field target is good fun

Rog

Never done any club shooting but I do have some A4 card in stock so I'll print off a few targets. I have got a target holder somewhere if I can find it, otherwise I'll just pin them to a board and lean it against a tree. I00 M for is a bit too ambitious!

• Like 1

There is/was a good friendly HFT club at Waddington, they have a smallish range with about 5 lanes plus a good HFT circuit for standing,sitting,kneeling and prone shooting

Rog

3 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I used to shoot rabbits, pigeons and squirrels with my .22 but I just don't have the heart to kill living creatures now. Probably going soft in my old age.

Good for you, Phil, having a change of heart about killing things...

We don't have a Lidl near us but we do have an Aldi, and their croissants are good, too, and better value for money than Tesco, Sainsbury and (obviously) Waitrose

Our nearest supermarkets are nearly 6 miles away, although we do have a  Spar shop and a butcher in the village.   I don't think I'd go on a 20 mile round trip just to get croissants .... think  I'd have a piece of toast instead

1 hour ago, MargieH said:

Our nearest supermarkets are nearly 6 miles away, although we do have a  Spar shop and a butcher in the village.   I don't think I'd go on a 20 mile round trip just to get croissants .... think  I'd have a piece of toast instead

Obviously we don’t go just to get croissants but we do go once a week to look at the junk down the centre isle. Sometimes find a bargain. It’s in Bingham. Waitrose is in Newark, eight miles away. 

• 3 years later...
1 minute ago, philmayfield said:

I like those recoilless gas guns. I’ve still got my Theoben Rapid 7 with a similar Stirling site setup plus a laser. What I haven’t got is the night vision set up which makes me very envious so I’m going online to look at them right now!

Got this one off a auction site Phil, chinese copy but works a treat on recoiless guns (not for springer guns) a bit tricky to  set the camera on the scope at first but when it's on you just sit there with the gun on your knee looking at the screen, good clear view of the cross hairs and target, the "illuminator" torch has three settings normal, bright and flash though I can't think why you would want flash

Rog

41 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I’ve just had a look at them. Did you tell the wife how much you paid!:(

Of course, not as expensive as those Pard 8 ones but less than a hundred quid

Rog

I also use this now and again, it will handle a few knocks without causing any damage to it, it has a 125 mtr beam and is adjustable plus green or red filters as well as white, £130 from Uttings field sports

lumenmax-900-hu-6822080-C-large.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Phil, Do you use a chronograph on you rifle now and again to make sure it's within the legal limit?

Rog

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Air Rifle hunting