Names of family pets from childhood

Just a thought, I was on the word game, & someone put Rover so I put Woof.................as you would, that got me thinkin' I've never heard anyone call their dog Rover, or their cat Tiddles.................................

I had a centipede called Derek....................what was your pet called?

Never allowed any pets as kid. Made up for it once we got our own place in Canada. I am now on my fourth dog over the last thirty five or so years.

First one a Blue Healer named Fred

Second a Collie named Sam.

Third a Black Lab named Solomon or Solly for short

Present dog a Beagle named Jake short for Jacob. Long ears, hence the log in name and picture.

Loved 'em all to bits, even when they do tear stuff up. On the Internet nobody knows you're a dog.

• Upvote 2

As a kid had the odd goldfish - and that were about it. We are on our second dog now. The first was a gorgeous rescue border collie cross with a really curly coat (don't know what sort of a cross it was!) She was Tess - the rescue kennels didn't know anything about her, but guessed she was about 9. We had her for 7 years, and she quietly died of old age one morning.

Now we have another border collie cross - well, you can't resist them can you? They look so intelligent when you talk to them. She is a much slimmer specimen, who already had the name Jess. Actually, she was advertised on the internet by someone who fostered dogs - so I guess that makes her a cyberdog. She's laying there now, with her back to me and ears pricked up. We've had her 8 years and she is now 11.

first dog orememer as a chil was caled bob a greyhound got kicked by a cow and kiled when i was about 3

after that we had a beutiful big black newfoundland who adopted us blackie i was about 4 i called him bear. had to be but down at 19 because he was going blind and always bumping into things

next we had a mongrel called kim the nicest dog and very inteligent when he was a pup i used to dress him up and put him in mydolls pram and cover him up like a babyhe would just lay there with a bonnet on and his head on the pillow died age 17 after that we had a yellow lab called sam. who too lived untill over 15

they only dog i have gad since i got married was a cross jack russell called joe we had him put down at 16 years because he kept falling down the stairs as his back legs were starting to go and because of my health problems it was getting very difficult for me to walk him so we made the decision to have him put down a very hard decition but we knew at his age if we tried to rehome hime no one would want to take on such a old dog and he would not settle very well at his age.

We had a dog named Pongo when I was a little lad.Dunno why he was called that but I can guess.

Had many other dogs and cats over time.Our present resident is a moggie named Ellie.Should be Hellie because that's what she has given us since we got her two years ago from a pet rescue person.

Wouldn't swap her though,she gives us lots of laughs.

Baz :ninja:

Used to have a massive cage thing with about 20 mice in it...all called Kenneth......stolen the name idea from a pet shop sketch on 'The Goodies'

Two of our last cats were called Pawsia and Clawdia, my daughters cat is called Mia - think about it!

this is true.

my friend jan who living in beeston called her cat mafakin now say that fast

mafakin cat

i had two cats before i got married tibs a tabby given to me as a kitten by a nieghbour mum want very pleased when i brought him own but we had him 10 years.

the second i brought homeone saturday just after i started work my friend leslie and i were at the 72 busstop after going shopping outside the old central market it was next to the pet stall a man came up trying to sell three small kittensto the stall holder who said no he did not have room for cats or dogs and was not able to take them the man said he was going to drown them a elder lady in the bus quewe took one leslie pursuaded me to have one and she whould have the other i chose the little black and white one leslie had the long haired tabby luckily both were males the other was a femalei called mine lucky again mum went mad but again he stayedand he did indeed use up most of his nine lives but died at 12 yearsso he was very lucky indeed.

I had a cat called Sooty, because he was black, and a dog called Patch, because he had a white patch around one eye.

I now have a golden retriever called, Caramel.

my nephew just last weeek brought a new puppy called him logan such a pritty little thing .

Babs, puppies can be so playful, it must be fun to watch Logans Run..................................I'll get me coat..................... pieinface

• Upvote 1

My first ever pet was a rabbit called Linus (from the Peanuts cartoon). I've had quite a few since then including lots of goldfish that I named after the Simpsons :)

I was bought a hamster when i was about 2, and i called him 'cuppa cuppa tea' & aparently i loved it and it lived till i was about 5. Then i had a rabbit called cocopops (i named them myself lol) but when we moved house we asked someone to look after him for a few days and the fox got at him :(

I was bought a hamster when i was about 2, and i called him 'cuppa cuppa tea' & aparently i loved it and it lived till i was about 5. Then i had a rabbit called cocopops (i named them myself lol) but when we moved house we asked someone to look after him for a few days and the fox got at him :(

Welcome again Pixie, we gotta meet up on Tuesday night at The Bell, why don't you & other half come & meet?

oooh, we won't be able to get a baby sitter. but I shall PROMISE to make it to the next week, I'm sure there'll be on in the summer months? about time I met everyone on the forum!

I'll let you know what they're all like........................it's my first time........................ pieinface